- News byStream
IIT Council Passes Project Vishwajeet to Raise IIT's Global Ranking
With the aim to raise 7 top IITs to the global ranking, The IIT Council has come up with the PROJECT VISHWAJEET. The project involves aggressive planning, plotting and implementing in order to help IITs make their mark not only in India but globally as well. Top IITs namely Delhi, Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee and Guwahati will be targeted under this campaign.
Some of the important features and goals to be fulfilled under this campaign are mentioned below:
- Fill at least 20% of the total vacant faculty positions with faculty from foreign countries
- Allow off-campus PhD students
- Have students coming from other countries to study in the IITs and constituting to about 20% at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Have a faculty and student ratio of 1:7
Also Read: Rajasthan Advancing in the IIT Race
A detailed version of the above-mentioned targets is given below:
- During the fresh faculty recruitment, it will be made sure that 20% of the total faculty shall be foreign faculty. To simplify the whole process, special attempt will be made in order to search and identify Indian students who are currently doing research in world’s top 100 institutions.
- IIT students take forward a lot of research projects forward, it has been decided that at least 10% of the total research projects will be chosen in such a manner that they are in collaboration with top 100 institutes in the world.
- Also, a designation of Distinguished International Professor (DIP) will be given to academic leaders who are teaching top 100 universities and will be requested to accept it as a position and teach a semester in the IIT for the next 3 years. In case a faculty accepts the offer, his current salary would be compensated and the cost of travel will also be met by the Institution.
- Also, 20% International students studying MTech and PhD shall be offered as supernumerary positions for foreign students.
- Also the efforts put in to conduct JEE exam will be increased and in case a foreign student wants to take admission in the institute, his/her GRE scores should also be considered.
- Attempts will be made to increase the number of PhD students so that they range from 600-750. Every 1 out of 4 students will be motivated to take PhD.
- Another step will be of reaching out to the brightest of B Tech students from IITs who have got nice jobs in the country. These students will be offered PhD via the off-campus mode.
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...