Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad which is popularly known as Indian School of Mines has announced an admission notification for M.Sc and M.Sc.Tech courses for the academic session 2017. The candidates can check the details here.
Courses offered: -
- M.Sc Mathematics and Computing
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geophysics
- M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geology
Also read: - Applications for Ph.D. Programmes Invited by TIFR
|M.Sc Mathematics and Computing||Two years||
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in Mathematics or Mathematics (Hons). The candidates must have any two of the subjects as a combination which include Electronics and Computer Science, Statistics, Geology, Chemistry and Physics.
|M.Sc Chemistry||Two years||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in Chemistry and Mathematics as the mandatory combination subject.|
|M.Sc Physics||Two years||
Bachelor of Science in Physics with Mathematics as the mandatory combination subject and Environment and Water Management/ Economics and Geography/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Statistics/ Geology/ Chemistry as one of the subordinate subjects.
|M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geophysics||Three years||
B.Sc degree in Physics and Statistics/ Electronics/ Geology/ Chemistry as subordinate/ substitute subjects.
|M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geology||Three years||
Bachelor of Science in Geology and Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry as subordinate or substitute subjects.
55% of marks for General Category and 50% of marks for SC/ST categories in UG degree is mandatory for all the courses mentioned above.
Application Process and Fee: -
- Candidates can fill the application form on IIT Dhanbad’s official website.
- Application fee for Female/ SC/ ST categories is Rs. 1,000
- Application fee for General Category/ OBC-NCL is Rs. 2,000
Important Dates: -
- Last date to submit applications is April 11, 2017.
- Date of entrance examination is May 13, 2017.