Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The first admission list for IIT JAM 2020 has been released, and the candidates can check the same through the direct link mentioned below. The candidates will confirm the admission status by July 03, 2020. The detailed process for the same can be checked below.
|IIT JAM First Admission List - Direct Link to Check|
IIT JAM Admission List Dates 2020
Given below are the upcoming dates for IIT JAM 2020 admission list:
IIT JAM 2020 Exam Date
February 9 2020
Release of 1st admission list
June 29, 2020
Last date for advanced fee payment for 1st admission list
July 03, 2020
Release of 2nd admission list
July 14, 2020
Last date for advanced fee payment for 2nd admission list
To be notified
Release of 3rd admission list
July 29, 2020
Last date for advanced fee payment for 3rd admission list
To be notified
Release of IIT JAM 2020 Final offer letter
To be notified
August 03, 2020
IIT JAM 1st Admission List 2020: How to Check
Students can follow the given below steps to check the 1st admission list for IIT JAM 2020:
First, the students need to visit the official website of JOAPS.
Through the login portal, the students will have to enter the login credential to log in to the session.
Further, the students will have to enter the enrollment ID, Email and password when prompted.
Finally, students will have to enter the arithmetic expression as CAPTCHA and enter submit.
After clicking on the submit button, the result of the respective student will appear on the screen
Students are advised to download the result and keep it for further reference.
IIT JAM 1st Admission List 2020: Documents Required
For getting admission through the admission released by IIT JAM admission authority, the students need to bring the following documents as given below. After the verification of the documents is completed, the admission will be further carried out.
Result/merit card for IIT JAM 2020.
Original plus photocopy of 10th mark sheet.
Original plus photocopy of 12th mark sheet.
Original plus photocopy of graduation mark sheet.
Category certificate (if applicable)
Recent sized photograph
Scanned signature of the student
Fee receipt for the advance seat booking fee payment.
IIT JAM 1st Admission List 2020: Process
For getting admission through the IIT JAM 1st admission list 2020, the students will have to follow the given below process:
- After the IIT JAM 2020 exam is over, the qualified students will have to apply for admission through the online portal of JOAPS. The students must apply for admission between April 3rd to April 22nd 2020.
- The students will have to choose the program in which they want to take the admission.
- Further, the students will have to upload all the necessary documents through the official website including the reservation/PWD certificates.
- After uploading all the document and filling the admission form, the students will have to pay an amount of INR 600 to complete their admission application.
- Further, based on the rank obtained by the student in IIT JAM 2020 and the educational qualification, the admission authority for IIT JAM 2020 will release the 1st admission list.
- The students who have been selected for the admission will have their names in the 1st admission list. The admission authority will also send a letter to the concerned students for admission after the 1st admission list is released.
- After the 1st admission list is released, the concerned students will have to log in to the online portal and choose one among the three options: Accept and Freeze, Reject and Quit and Accept with Upgrade.
- The students who want to withdraw their admission will choose the option Reject and Quit. Such students will then receive an OTP on their mobile phones for confirmation.
- The students who don't have their names in the 1st admission list can also pay the advance seat booking fee by choosing either two options.
- The selected students will have to pay a certain amount as an advanced booking fee for admission which will be later adjusted in the course fee at the respective institution. The students must have to pay the advanced booking fee before the last date.
- After paying the fee, the students will have to visit the campus for completing the final admission formalities.
IIT JAM 1st Admission List 2020: Advance Seat Booking Fee
The below table consists of the advanced fee which the students have to pay for booking their admission seats for IIT JAM 2020:
Advance Fee to be Paid
IIT JAM 1st Admission List 2020: Few Important Points
Below given are some of the important points which students must consider before releasing of IIT JAM 1st admission list 2020.
The admission form will be available to the students only in online mode from April 3rd to April 22nd 2020.
Students who are from OBC/PWD and other reserved categories must upload the reservation certificate before the prescribed date, or else they will be considered as general candidates.
If the seats remain vacant after the end of the 1st admission list, the admission authority will also release the 2nd and 3rd admission list for remaining students.
After the 3rd admission list is released, the admission for M.Sc will be closed through IIT JAM.