Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has issued an official notification for the admission to Ph.D. and MS courses for the academic session 2017. IIT Madras offers MS and Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines of Engineering and Technology. The online registration process for these programmes has commenced and the candidates’ selection will be based on a written test or interview.
The institute did not release the date for written test or interview and the applicants will be intimated about the same by e-mail. The official admission notice further indicated that the candidates who will be selected for MS or Ph.D. programme would be eligible to get financial assistance.
Also read: - Ph.D. 2017 Notification Issued by IIT-Ropar
The candidates who will be selected for the Ph.D. course will receive financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 per month for the first two years followed by Rs. 28,000 per month for the next three years. On the other hand, the candidates who will be selected for MS course will get financial assistance of Rs. 12,400 per month.
Application Process: -
- IIT-M’s official website facilitates online submission of application forms.
- The candidates can fill online application forms for Ph.D. and MS course at the research portal of IIT-M’s official website.
- The candidates need to register on the portal initially to complete the application process.
- Login with valid credentials that were created during registration.
- Fill the application form, upload relevant documents, submit the application and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is Rs. 100 for male candidates belonging to General Category and OBC.
- The application fee is Rs. 50 for female candidates and SC/ST categories.
Important Date: -
- April 2, 2017, is the deadline to submit the online application form.