National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneshwar has announced the notification for the admission to Ph.D. programme that is offered in various fields. NISER has released the admission notification to the Ph.D. course for the academic session 2017. The institute offers the Ph.D. programme in the following areas: -
- Mathematical Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- The candidates who are applying for Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences must have a Master's Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics. The minimum qualifying marks is 60% in Master's Degree.
- The candidates applying for Ph.D. in Physical Sciences must have Master’s degree in Physics or Master of Technology or Master of Engineering in Applied Physics. The minimum qualifying marks in Master's must be 60%.
- For Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences, the minimum qualification is Master’s in Chemistry and the qualifying mark in Master's Degree is 60%.
- The candidates who are interested in applying for Ph.D. in Biological Sciences must have Master’s Degree in Life Sciences/ Biology/ other allied fields. The qualifying marks in Master's to seek admission is 60%.
Application Process: -
- The official website of NISER facilitates the online filling of application form.
- The candidates should visit the official website of NISER.
- Towards the right-hand side of the page, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- Fill the application form and submit.
- It is not necessary to send the printout of online NISER application form for the admission to the Ph.D. course.
Selection Process: -
- The selection of candidates to the Ph.D. course will be based on the interview.
- The selected candidates will get a scholarship of Rs. 25,000 for the initial two years and Rs. 28,000 for the next three years.
Important Date: -
- April 1, 2017, is the deadline to submit online application form.