Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
IIT JAM 2022 First Admission List is released on June 01, 2022 on the official website at https://jam.iitr.ac.in. The first admission list is prepared on the basis of the rank achieved by each candidate in the earlier released merit list. If the vacancies are left in the institutions after the conclusion of the first admission process, the second, third, and fourth/final admission lists will be released.
For more details and instructions to be followed after the release of IIT JAM First Admission List 2022, continue reading below:
IIT JAM 2022 First Admission List: Instructions to be Followed
1. All the candidates mentioned in IIT JAM First Admission List must log in to the Candidate Portal and choose from the three options based on the seat allocated to them and their preference: Accept and Freeze, Accept with Upgrade, and Reject and Quit.
- Accept and Freeze confirms the seat with no further changes allowed.
- Accept and Upgrade reserves the current seat with the option for betterment in the subsequent rounds.
- Reject and Quit exits the candidate from further admission process.
2. If the candidate chooses either ‘Accept and Freeze’ or ‘Accept and Upgrade’, they will be required to pay a ‘Seat Booking Fee’ as follows through online payment methods only.
- General/OBC-NCL/EWS: INR 10,000/-
- SC/ST/PwD: INR 5,000/-
It shall be noted that this fee will be transferred as an admission fee to the institute at the time of admission.
Also Read:IIT JAM Counselling Process
3. The last date for the payment of fees will not be extended in any case. If a candidate does not pay the fee after selecting the ‘Accept and Freeze’ or ‘Accept and Upgrade’ options, their admission will stand cancelled. No further requests in this case will be entertained.
4. If a candidate chooses ‘Reject and Quit’ option, the decision will be required to be confirmed by entering the OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
5. For the candidates who are not mentioned in the first admission list, based on their order of merit and seat vacancy, their names will be announced in the following second and third admission lists releasing on June 16 and June 25, respectively.
6. If the vacancies still remain, the fourth and final admission list will be announced on June 25, 2022.
7. It shall be noted that after each round, the same procedure as mentioned above shall be followed. Candidates failing to do so will be excluded from the admission process.
8. If a candidate wishes to cancel an Accepted and Freezed seat, the candidate will be allowed to do so from June 25 to June 30 through their Candidate Portal login. The paid fee will be refunded after deducting a fee of INR 1,000/- as a processing fee.
Also Read:IIT JAM College Predictor
For more Education News updates on IIT JAM Admissions, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!