- News byStream
ISI, Kolkata Open for M.Tech'16
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata invites students for admission to their M.Tech programs.
The application form will be available from 9th February’16 till 11th Mrch’16.
The interested students are requested to appear for the ISI Admission Test 2016 if they have not qualified GATE.
Admission is open in the following programs:
- M Tech in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research
- M Tech in Computer Science
2-year M Tech in Computer Science:
Master's degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology (such as AMIE or, GRAD-IETE or, DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend Rs. 8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
A candidate with a valid GATE scores above a threshold (to be decided by the Selection Committee) in his/her own subject would be directly called for interview. However, such candidates are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates.
2-year M Tech in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research:
Master's degree in Statistics or Master's degree in Mathematics with Probability and Statistics as major subjects or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent or PG diploma in SQC & OR from ISI
Knowledge of Mathematics at graduate level and knowledge of Physics and Chemistry at Higher Secondary level. Stipend Rs. 8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata)
GATE qualified candidates must apply in the regular manner but will have to have GATE scores equal to or more than the ISI determined cutoff for admissions.
Details of the ISI Admission Test 2016 Application Form:
- Apply on or after February 9, 2016
- The Application Fee is Rs 600.00 for all applicants in the general category Rs 300.00 for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged candidates
- Fees have to be through NetBanking, Debit/Credit Card or through Challan for cash payment at the SBI Branch
- Candidates must apply online and fill their personal, academic details along with their address.
- Candidates will have to specify the ISI Admission Test 2016 Exam Centres if they are appearing for the exam.
- They will have to upload their signature and photograph as specified.
- The application status can be checked two days after payment.
- On-line Application Starts: 09 February 2016
- On-line Application Ends: 11 March 2016
- Payment of Application Fee Starts: 11 February 2016
- Payment of Application Fee Ends: 18 March 2016
- ISI Admission Test: 08 May 2016
For preparation, students can go through the ISI Admission Test 2016 Syllabus. They can further check the ISI Admission Test 2016 Exam Pattern, practice with the previous year papers and sample papers.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has made an interesting announcement that the students studying in ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...