- News byStream
Jamia Millia Islamia Hosts Digital Academic Depositories Workshop for Students
A national level training workshop was organised at Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi on 7th October. The workshop was organised following Central government’s plan to establish a digital depository of academic awards for students across the country.
The new initiative will be better known as National Academic Depository (NAD). It will be on the pattern of securities depository giving the students an opportunity to access their mark- sheets, certificates, and other documents.
While addressing the inaugural session of the workshop, Mamta R Agarwal, Joint Secretary, UGC said that academic awards are to be stored in digital depositary like shares. A student can access his/her certificates 24x7 hours . She was seeking cooperation from students and teachers in making digital depository a reality to bring more transparency. Both, the students and universities, are to be benefited from it.
Also Read: IIM Calcutta Girl, Now a Dairy Farmer?
More facts about NAD :
- NAD is a step towards the Digital India vision of PM Narendra Modi
- It is an initiative of the ministry of Human Resource Development
- It was launched by Prakash Javedekar, Union HRD Minister, on 9th September 2016
- Digitalised process will help students to access their degrees without any hassles
- NAD would help in validating the authenticity
- It will also ensure safe storage and easy retrieval
- All the academic awards of students will be maintained in a digital depository
- It would provide benefits to students, educational institutions, and employees.
- It will also eliminate fraudulent practices such as forging of mark-sheets and certificates
Professor Talat Ahmad, Vice Chancellor, JMI in his keynote address termed NAD as an important milestone and a much-needed development in the country. He said that often degrees pile up and offices get overcrowded with files. It is a wonderful idea that needs to be accomplished. It will be very useful to students and turn out to be a foolproof system.
Other speakers present on the occasion were:
- PS Reddy, CEO and MD, Central Depository Services Limited
- Samar Banwat, EVP, National Securities Depository Limited
A total number of 22 executive members of Delhi University Teachers’ Association have termed the National ...
CAT 2016 was held on 4th Dec 2016 at various cities across India for the first level of selection into IIMs and other ...