Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) has announced on September 16, 2020, that the university will conduct an entrance exam to shortlist deserving students. Earlier the varsity was considering going forward with merit-based admissions due to the coronavirus situation in India. However, after an Executive Council (EC) meeting, JMI has decided to hold its own entrance exam for admission.
As per the earlier report, JMI was to select candidates on the basis of their marks in the qualifying degree for admission to its UG and PG courses this year in case it was unable to conduct the entrance exam due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This news was revealed by some officials of the department. After the EC meeting, JMI has made up its mind to hold an entrance exam as the sole criteria to shortlist students.
The EC also declared that the results of the last year will be released as early as possible. The semester exam was conducted for almost all the departments from June 5, 2020 to June 20, 2020, except for the Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences (CPRS) and Faculty of Dentistry (FoD). The university was waiting for the guidelines from the governing bodies of these departments.
Jamia organises entrance exams for admission to its 56 undergraduate and 15 postgraduate programmes every year. The exam of JMIEE is conducted in the month of June every year. However, the JMI Entrance Exam has not been held until now and keeps getting postponed because of the prevailing situation of the coronavirus pandemic.
A circular issued by the Jamia Millia Islamia's office of the controller of examination on August 20, 2020, asked the candidates who have already applied at the university to upload their mark sheets on the admission portal. They had to do that using their login ID and password, as per the circular. The admission portal of the university displayed a message which asked the candidates to reconfirm that they have filled all academic details properly. It also stated that the JMI merit list will be prepared based on the data entered by applicants.
Many candidates expressed concern over the possible changes in the JMI admission process 2020 at the last moment. Plenty of students did not pay attention to their class 12th score and focused on competitive exams. Keeping all the concerns in mind, the university has finally decided to go forward with an entrance exam and to select students based on their performance in JMIEE.
How to Apply for JMIEE 2020?
The candidates who have not applied for JMIEE 2020 yet can follow the instructions given below and complete their JMI Entrance Exam application process.
The candidate has to first visit the official website of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- On the home page, they have to click on ‘Study at Jamia’ which will be present next to the logo of the university.
- They have to search and click on the link ‘Apply for 2020-21 UG/ PG/M.Phil/ Ph.D’.
- The candidate will have to register online on the portal of Jamia Millia Islamia before filling the JMI Entrance Exam application form.
- After registering, the applicant can proceed to apply for the course in which they seek admission at Jamia Millia Islamia.
- They will have to fill in their personal and academic details that are asked.
- After filling the details, they have to upload the images according to the required size and dimensions.
- Once the documents are uploaded, they can proceed to pay the application fee through the online mode.
- The application process of JMIEE 2020 will be successful once the payment has been made.
In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, EC also came up with the conclusion that for the session 2020-2021, students will be allowed to deposit the school and the university fees in two instalments. However, students are required to submit the total fee of the course before the issuance of the admit card of the semester/annual/board examination.