As the organising authority of JEE Advanced 2017, IIT Madras will decide whether or not to award 11 bonus marks to candidates as there were 3 ambiguous questions in the exam. The question paper was reviewed internally by the IIT experts subsequent to which the decision was taken.
Check out the Details regarding the Bonus Marks for JEE Advanced 2017:
- Experts stated that 1 question from the Physics section and 2 questions from the Mathematics section were ambiguous.
- There were two other question from Physics and Chemistry and marks will be given for either of the two answers.
- The final decision regarding awarding of bonus marks will be taken by IIT Madras on June 6, 2017.
- Candidates can submit their feedback and comments regarding the JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Keys till 5 pm, June 6.
- If the challenges made by any candidate is verified, the claims will be reflected in the final answer key of the exam.
Both exam experts and students had claimed that they were not able to find any valid solutions for these questions. Pace Junior Science College’s Teacher, VV Acharya, said that students could not solve a question on rotational dynamics asked in the Physics section.
He added that it was not clear what was asked in the question. The IITs have awarded bonus marks for that question. Another teacher added that a Mathematics question was incorrect for which bonus marks were awarded.
Out of the top 2,20,000 top rankers of JEE Main 2017, only 1.74 lakh candidates appeared for the JEE Advanced 2017 exam. Similarly, in 2016, 42,291 eligible candidates had not registered for the JEE Advanced exam.