The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Sydney, will be providing the students from state universities in Maharashtra with the opportunity to pursue a PhD programme. The Government of Maharashtra and the UNSW have signed an MoU which will offer a total of 20 scholarships for PhD every year. The MoU is aimed at high achieving students from the state universities of Maharastra in a bid to work in joint research and exchange of knowledge.
The main aim of the partnership is to create a strong culture for research which will also help in understanding and addressing the development issues faced by India. The partnership will prove to be an excellent opportunity for high-achieving students who show expertise in their ability to conduct research work. The candidate will undertake their PhD programmes at the Canberra Campus of the UNSW and in some cases, the Sydney Campus of UNSW will also be open for them.
The University of New South Wales is currently accepting applications for PhD programmes. From the students across the various state universities in Maharashtra. The student will have to fill out the applications as given below. The student’s eligibility will depend entirely on his/her merit of the proposal along with their academic performance and research experience.
Steps To Apply For The PhD Programme at UNSW
- Write an Expression Of Interest (EOI) to the student’s Vice-Chancellor as well as the University of New South Wales Canberra
- Candidates will receive the Notification after the EOIs have been reviewed
- Issue a Formal Application Form for the Admission and Scholarships to the UNSW
Eligibility Criteria for UNSW PhD Programme and Scholarships
- The Student will need to provide UNSW with coursework and the research work done by him/her. UNSW will review the same and also convert the grades to an equivalent grade at UNSW using a scaling process. The scaling factor would majorly be derived from the academic world ranking of the institution that had awarded the degree to the applicant.
- The candidates who have a three-year Bachelors degree along with a Master’s degree by Research are also eligible. However, the candidates must ensure that the component of research is not less than 2/3 of the entire programme. The grades will be scaled to a UNSW equivalent score.
The University of New South Wales has seen many students who have enrolled over the past few years in the University using its Future Change Scholarships. The MoU has brought a great opportunity for the students of the state universities who have displayed extraordinary performance in their academics. This will ensure that these students get all the help they need to be the leaders of tomorrow with training and research.