- News byStream
MCI to Bring Doctors' Records on Digital Platform
Under the Digital Mission Mode Project (DMMP)- an e-governance project, that is going to create a unified database of all doctors in India, Medical Council of India would provide a unique identity card to 45,000-odd allopathy doctors practising in Telangana.
MCI kickstarted the DMMP process earlier this month.They issued a notice to all medical colleges in the country to fall in line. Sources from Telangana state medical council said that the actual modalities are yet to be worked out.
The main benefits of the programme are:
- It aims to weed out the practice of ghost medical faculty.
- This e-governance project can be used to monitor doctor's attendance in private medical colleges with the help of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) card.
- Nobody can fool MCI's inspection teams while on inspection.
- The RFID card will have a biometric attendance system.
- The idea of e-governance project was first mooted in March 2015.
- It got ratified at the first meeting of the MCI in Delhi.
- It would be an easy way to improve grievance and complaints redressal concerning doctors.
- Rs 45 crore has been sanctioned by Union health ministry towards implementation cost.
The main advantages of this e-governance project are the ability to check deployment of fake medical faculty and trace out the attendance in medical colleges both in government or private sector.
While Dr. E Ravinder Reddy chairman of Telangana state medical council said that there is no choice as all doctors would have to follow the MCI's guidelines on DMMP now.
All the 16 Telangana private medical colleges' association (TPMCA) members have been asked to appoint a nodal officer to share their details for implementation of the e-governance project.
President and CEO, Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) USA Fred H Walti II held an interaction with the ...
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...