- News byStream
Admission Notice-Meenakshi University Invites Applications for Medical Programmes 2016
Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research (MAHER), Chennai also known as Meenakshi University is inviting applications for admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) offered at Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) at Meenakshi Ammal Dental College, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc(N)) at Meenakshi College of Nursing, Faculty of Nursing at Medical College Campus and Doctor of Medicine (D.M) in Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Neurology Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch.) in Urology for the academic session 2016.
The candidate must have a HSC or equivalent qualifying examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology)/Biotechnology with marks as prescribed by the MCI.
Only those candidates are eligible to apply who are passing HSC or equivalent qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English with marks as prescribed by DCI.
B.Sc. (N) Programme
Candidates must be passing HSC or equivalent qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English with marks prescribed by the INC.
Only those candidates who have obtained PG degree of MD (Medicine) or MD (Paediatrics) or MD (Geriatrics) are eligible to apply for this course.
Only those candidates are eligible to apply who have obtained PG degree of MS (Surgery).
- The application form along with the brochure for the MBBS and BDS programmes can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1000 by cash and Rs. 500 for B.Sc (N) degree courses. The application form can also be obtained through post by sending a requisition letter along with a demand draft of Rs. 1100 for MBBS and BDS and Rs. 600 for B.Sc (N) drawn in favour of The Registrar, MAHER payable at Chennai. Candidates can also download the application form and submit it along with a demand draft of Rs 1000 for MBBS and BDS programme and Rs 500 for BSc (N) degree courses.
- Candidates can obtain the application form and brochure for D.M. & M.Ch. on payment of Rs 2000 by cash. The candidates can also obtain the application form by post for MBBS and BDS by sending a requisition letter along with a demand draft of Rs. 2100 in favour of The Registrar, MAHER payable at Chennai.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the official website of the university.
The selection of the candidates would be done on the basis of their performance in the common Entrance Test conducted by the University on an all India basis.
Test Centres for UG Programmes
Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, New Delhi.
Test Centres for PG Programmes
MBBS, BDS, B.Sc (N) Programmes
- Applications would be received latest by: Saturday, April 30, 2016.
- Common Entrance Test would be held on: Saturday, May 28, 2016.
D.M. and M.Ch Programmes
- Applications would be received latest by: Saturday, June 25, 2016.
- Common Entrance Test would be held on: Saturday, July 09, 2016.
While addressing the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha today (30th March), Prakash Javadekar, HRD minister revealed that ...
The final countdown begins with only a few days left for JEE Mains 2017. Those who are writing JEE Mains in pen and ...