Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
A new code of conduct has been laid down by the IISc Bangalore which is to be followed by all GATE aspirants.
This code of conduct will be implemented during the GATE 2016 exam and is mandatory and candidates must keep in mind these rules while preparing for the exam.
The code of conduct laid down by IISc Bangalore is as follows:
- All candidates are required to carry their GATE 2016 Admit Card along with the original valid Photo ID proof (as mentioned in the GATE 2016 Application) with them during the exam
- They must furnish the same as and when required or asked by the invigilators present at the exam hall.
- Candidates will be provided with scribble pads in the examination hall by the invigilators for their rough work.
- All candidates must write their name and GATE 2016 registration number on the pad before starting to use it.
- Carrying of a mobile phone or any other electronic device inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification. Mobiles in switched off mode are also not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Carrying of any printed or hand-written textual material inside the examination hall is also strictly prohibited.
- Candidates are forbidden to communicate amongst themselves during the exam.
- Candidates must not tamper with the computer and the related hardware provided in the examination hall and will have their candidature cancelled if they do so.
- In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against such candidates found tampering with the systems.
- Candidates found violating the code of conduct mentioned above or any other in line with the code and ethics of the GATE examination may have their candidature cancelled.
- Moreover the examination of such candidates may not be evaluated and appropriate legal action may be initiated against all such candidates.