Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Students who have completed their Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) degree from National Institute of Technology (NIT) are now eligible for direct admission in the Ph.D. course offered by IIT Delhi. The premier institute has come up with new admission norms in the Ph.D. course for NIT graduates. Candidates who have completed their B.Tech in any NIT across the country can aspire for direct Ph.D. admission in IIT Delhi, and there is no entrance exam for the same. However, the candidates need to satisfy the rules specified by the premier institutes for the direct Ph.D. admission.
IIT Delhi Norms for Direct Ph.D. Admission for NIT Graduates
According to the information disclosed by IIT Delhi Director, Venugopal Rao, the following are the eligibility norms for NIT graduates to seek direct admission in the Ph.D. course offered by IIT Delhi -
- The candidate must be a graduate in B.Tech from any NIT across the country.
- The candidate must have a minimum of CGPA 8 in Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech) to be eligible for the admission process. Candidates less than 8 CGPA in B.Tech degree are not eligible for admission.
- Final-year B.Tech students of NITs who have been maintaining 8 CGPA in academics can apply for Ph.D. admission in IIT Delhi. The premier institute allows these candidates to complete their B.Tech final year project work in IIT Delhi and proceed with the Ph.D. programme.
IIT Delhi also offers direct admission in Ph.D course for IIT graduates who have a minimum of 8 CGPA in academics.
Apart from the above initiative, IIT Delhi is going to launch four new courses from the upcoming academic session. The new courses of IIT Delhi that will be launched from the next year are as follows -
- Masters in Cognitive Sciences
- Masters in Economics
- Master’s Course in Electric Vehicles
- B.Des (Bachelors in Design)
For the latest IIT Delhi admission updates 2020, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.