The registrations for Himachal Pradesh National Law Entrance Test (HPNET) 2017 have commenced. Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) has released the notification. The entrance exam is conducted for the admission to LLB, LLM and Ph.D. courses. The registrations for HPNLET 2017 commenced on January 24, 2017. The candidates who wish to apply for HPNLET 2017 have to visit the official website of HPNLU to fill the application form.
Number of Seats Available: -
- A total number of 60 seats are available in BA LLB/ BBA LLB (Hons) course.
- A total number of 20 students will be admitted for one-year LLM programme.
- Only 10 students will be given admission to the Ph.D. course.
- All the candidates need to qualify the HPNLET 2017 examination following which the seats will be allocated as per merit.
Also read: - HPNET 2017 Eligibility Criterion and Important Dates
Eligibility for BA LLB/ BBA LLB: -
- Candidates belonging to General Category must have passed in 10+2 with 50% of qualifying marks.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have passed 10+2 with 45% of qualifying marks.
- For General Category, the upper age limit is 20 years.
- For SC/ST categories, the upper age limit is 22 years.
Eligibility for LLM Course: -
- Candidates applying for one-year LLM programme must have passed three-year or five-year LLB course.
- 55% of qualifying marks in LLB degree required for General Category candidates and 50% of marks required for SC/ST categories.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Course: -
- For seeking admission to the Ph.D. course, 55% of marks in LLM degree is mandatory for all categories.
Important Dates: -
- Deadline to submit applications for HPNLET 2017 is April 8, 2017.
- HPNLET 2017 examination will take place on May 21, 2017.