The Shivaji University, Kolhapur presented its budget for the upcoming 2016-17 academic year in the annual senate meeting. The budget, however, showed an expenditure of Rs 370 crore compared to the deposits made of Rs 366 crore. University budget has increased by almost Rs 50 crore from last year. The university recorded an expenditure of Rs 319 crore, compared to the deposits of Rs 314 crore last year.
The Board of Colleges and University Development (BCUD) director, D R More, while presenting the budget said that the deficit will be covered through research and development funds. The rest of the funds will be covered through depreciation costs. University budget for the upcoming 2016-17 academic year focuses on research-based activities through higher funds for research fellows and faculty members.
The Registrar Dr. V. N. Shinde, Controller of Examinations Mr.Mahesh Kakade, Finance and Accounts Officer Mr.Ajit Pawar, Dr.D.A.Gaikwad, Librarian Dr.Namita Khot and others were present.
"It is a student-centric budget, where colleges as well as university students were included through various initiatives. It will make sure that research remains one of the primary concerns of the university. Along with this, the inclusion of various new and unique courses through the master plan is a good move.
- Devanand Shinde, SUK, Vice-chancellor
- Teachers research grants - 50 Lakh
- Research grants to students to raise awareness - 30 Lakh
- Research grants for students registered facilities - 5 Lakh
- Educational Grants Picnic- Per Department - 50 Thousand
- Skills and entrepreneurship development center- 5 Lakh
- DR. Ambedkar's birth anniversary century silver events - 10 Lakh
- 'Clean India' Healthy India Campaign '- 6 Lakh
- 'Beti Bachao' Campaign - 50 thousand
- Students who participate in the International Competition in Sports - 4 crore 30 lakh
- Organ donation awareness campaign - 50 thousand
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj award - 2 Lakh
- The researchers Golden scholarship for students - 46 million '
(Source: Prasad Patil, City Journalist, CollegeDekho)