Shoolini University located in Solan of Himachal Pradesh is the first university in the country to offer research programme at UG level in professional courses. The unique research programme at UG level launched by the varsity is B.Tech in Biotechnology. In addition it is the first university in the country to offer job oriented programme in Yoga.
Details about B.Tech in Biotechnology Programme:
- Through this programme, the selected students will have an opportunity to pursue the Summit Research Programme based on Stanford and Harvard models.
- These models will make the students exposed to high-quality research in global research environments.
- The B.Tech in Biotechnology programme also inculcates skills related to writing and publishing papers.
- Students will have a chance to interact with experts and research practitioners across the globe.
- Students who enrol to this programme will have the chance to take up research from the first year itself.
- The Summit Research Programme offered through this course is completely integrated with the regular engineering curriculum.
- Scholarships will be provided depending on the financial status of the candidates.
Details about Job Oriented Course in Yoga:
- With an objective to meet the growing demand for Yoga in India and abroad, the varsity decided to launch a course in Yoga.
- Prof. P. K. Khosla will mentor the students. He has been practicing Transcendental Yoga for over two decades.
- The programme will help the candidates to secure jobs as Yoga teachers in various schools, colleges, universities, hostels, and hospitals.
- Participants can also start Yoga training centres after the completion of the course.
- Therefore, the scope of employment is high.