The state government of Telangana has approved the recommendations made by a panel headed by Telangana Government Advisor, Mr. BV Papa Rao for the sports quota admissions. The state government constituted the committee to ensure transparency in assigning priorities under sports quota.
The recommendations approved by the state government under sports quota are applicable for all the professional courses. The move will give much-needed relief to genuine candidates aspiring to apply for the admission to agriculture, engineering, medicine and other professional courses under sports quota.
Telangana Govt. New Criteria for Sports Quota Admissions: -
After much deliberation, the committee favoured the following criteria for the inclusion of sports discipline to be eligible for the admission to sports quota in future: -
- Sports included in the last Olympic Games
- Sports included in the previous Youth Olympic Games
- List of sports in Asian Games
- Previous sports list in Youth Asian Games
- Sports included in Commonwealth Games
- List of sports in South Asian Federation Games and National Games
Major Recommendations of Committee for Sports Quota Admissions: -
- The panel has suggested giving weightage to various competitions and recommended assigning priority points for sports quota admissions.
- The committee discussed the existing structure of the decision-making in evaluating and scrutinizing the eligibility of students seeking admission under sports quota.
- The committee suggested the formation of two separate panels for scrutiny and evaluation.
- Candidates seeking admission under sports quota in Telangana must submit his/ her sports achievement testimonials to SATS (Sports Authority of Telangana State).
- The sports certificate to be submitted by the candidates must have the proper attestation of State Association recognised by SATS.
- While assessing the candidates for the admission, the achievement of the candidates from the last four years must be considered.
- Before preparing a priority list, the verification of testimonials/ certificates of achievements should be done by the scrutiny committee.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest Telangana education news & updates.