The Supply Chain Summit, the annual event of the Supply Chain and Operations Club of the Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur was a big hit.
This Annual event took place on 13th Feb'16 and is a platform where global leaders share their views and opinions on supply chain engaging through a series of panel discussions.
The event started with a speech by Prof.Janat Shah – Director, IIMU where he emphasized on the vision of the institute that is focused on research, analysis and entrepreneurship. The main theme for this Supply Chain Summit was – “Reinventing the Supply Chain”, that revolved around the current challenges and the need for innovation in supply chain environment.
The theme involved the following
- The current supply chain environment
- The increasing need for re-invention of these processes for an efficient supply chain to meet the demands of the customers.
The run-up to the event saw various kinds of competitions like
- Online quiz
- Case study competition
- Article writing
Students from various B-Schools all over India joined to showcase their knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain.
The first Panel discussion was based on the sub-theme – “Data-Driven Decision Making in Supply Chain”, in which the panelists consisted of Pramod Sant, Vice President – Head of Import Export and Export Control and Customs – Seimens Ltd; Dev Arora, AVP Procurement –Moser baer; Ravi Sankar, Vice President and Head – Supply Chain Management, Tata Projects. The vast experience of these industry experts provided an enriching discussion touching upon various aspects of supply chain like
- Importance of data analytics
- Data visualization
- Role of data analytics in designing the strategy of a business
- Alignment of supply chain processes
- ERP systems
- Data analysis with the strategic objectives of the organization
The panel also discussed about the challenges in
- Data driven decision making
- Role of technology in creating simpler supply chains
- Percolation of data analytic into various industries
The second panel discussion had the sub-theme “Re-inventing Retail Supply Chain – Procurement to Distribution”, with the Panelists Rahul Pandey, Founder & Director at IGSA Labs; Abhinav Sinha, Head of Planning – Cargill; Sandeep Anand, Head – Demand Planning, Delmonte.
The panel discussed about the challenges in Retail Supply Chain and how supply chain acts as a competitive advantage to the businesses.
Various aspects of operations like
- Lean manufacturing
- Importance of managing Lead times
- Agile and Resilient supply chains
- Supply Chain decision spectrum and Supply chain optimization.
The event ended on a positive note. The Supply Chain Summit’16 was a success.