Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Department of Physics, University of Calcutta has released notification for the admission into Ph.D. in Physics. The process of admission is based on the entrance test conducted by the University which will be held on 26-July-2016. The detailed information of the notification is given below:-
- The candidates who have qualified PG in M.Sc Physics can apply for the course. However, the candidates who have to pursue final semester and cleared all the papers in the previous semesters can also apply for the course. The admissions to these candidates will be allotted based on the marks secured in the written test conducted by the University.
- The candidates who have qualified who have qualified NET/SET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Eligibility test or M.Phil examination need not appear for the written test. The admissions for these candidates will be allotted basing on the interview.
- The last date for the submission of application form is 11-July-2016
- The list of the eligible candidates for the written test will be displayed on the departmental notice board on 20-July-2016.
- The written test will be conducted on 26-July-2016 at 11.00 AM
- The list of the candidates eligible for the interview will be displayed on 26-July-2016 at 1.30 PM.
- The interviews will be conducted from 26th to 28-July-2016.
Process of Application:-
- The applicants can download the application form from the departmental website of the University.
- The filled in applications must be sent along with necessary documents to the address mentioned in the application form by post.
- A demand draft of Rs. 100 taken in the favor of University of Calcutta must be sent along with the application
Pattern of examination:-
- All the questions are of Multiple Choice and the duration of the examination is for one hour. The examination will be held at Physics Department of the University.