- News byStream
CLAT'16:Law Entrance Test
CLAT 2016 will be conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) Patiala on May 8, 2016.
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT),the law entrance exam is conducted for admissions 2252 seats in five-year integrated law programmes which includes:
- BA LLB
- B.Com LLB
- B.Sc LLB
It is conducted every year by a National Law University (NLU) among the 17 member NLUs of the CLAT Committee, by rotation in the order of their establishment.
The 17 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a non-statutory body created under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the convenience of the students seeking admission to various National Law Universities in the country. An entrance test is conducted to provide a list of candidates on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’ to each University for admission to their UG/PG programmes, as per the eligibility, reservation and other criteria laid down under the respective statutes of the participating Universities.
- CLAT 2016 Admission Procedure – The law aspirants will be admitted to the five-year integrated law programmes on the basis of merit-cum-preference of the candidates appearing in CLAT 2016. The candidates will be awarded an All India Rank (AIR) as per their performance in the exam.
The admission procedure follows a centralized counselling process, where seats are allotted to the candidates based on their secured AIR and their preference of NLUs during the counselling choice-locking. The total number of seats are 2252.
CLAT 2016 Eligibility:
- Aspirants need to fill in the applications after ensuring the eligibility criteria of the common law admission test. As per the eligibility criteria, candidates need to have qualified 12th standard of 10+2 examination system or equivalent examination securing a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate of the subjects. Those who are appearing in the current academic session of 10+2 examination can also be considered eligible for CLAT 2016, subjected to the minimum qualifying marks in the 10+2 examination.
- NOTE: As per the Supreme Court order, there is no age bar for appearing in CLAT. Therefore, candidates can fill the applications once they meet the above eligibility criteria, irrespective of any age limit.
- CLAT 2016 Application Form and Procedure – The Applications have begun from January 1. The aspirants are able to apply in online mode. Candidates need to generate a login and password for CLAT 2016 Online Applications by registering themselves.
- Candidates can access their applications through the generated login id and password. There are a set of documents which need to be uploaded during the online applications.
- The necessary documents include Class X marks-sheet, Class XII marks-sheet and Signature of parent/guardian along with the recent photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Once they have filled in the online applications, they need to remit an application fee against the common law admission test of Rs. 4000 (Rupees Four Thousand only) in any of the modes – online or offline.
- While the online mode includes options of Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking, the fee can be remitted through Bank Challan facility of ICICI Bank, in case of offline mode.
- CLAT 2016 Admit Card – The admit card will be available in the online mode only. CLAT 2016 E-Admit Card can be accessed and downloaded from April 15, 2016.
- Candidates can access their admit cards by logging into their registered accounts using the login id and password. They are advised to take a print out of the same for future correspondences.
- CLAT 2016 Admit Card will have the exam details including name of the appearing candidate, venue and timing. In case of any discrepancy, candidates need to bring the same to the notice of exam authorities, at the earliest.
CLAT 2016 important Dates:
- Availability of application forms – from 1st January 2016 to 31st March 2016
- Last date of online submission of application form – 31st March 2016
- Accessibility of CLAT admit card 2016 – 15th April 2016
- Examination date of CLAT 2016 – 8th May 2016
- Declaration of CLAT result 2016 – 23rd May 2016
- Admission Process – 1st June to 6th July 2016
- Closure of Admission – 6th July 2016
Haryana’s Harsh Gupta is enjoying the fruits of his labour, having secured the second position in the company ...
Graduate Management Admission Test, popularly known as GMAT, is an entrance examination that is conducted for the ...