- News byStream
Admission Notice -Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering at IIT Indore Announces Admission for Ph.D Programs 2016
Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering at IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented students for admission in its PhD Program for the first quarter of the year 2016-2017 as per the below-mentioned categories.
Categories of Admission:
Admission to Full-Time PhD program is offered under the following categories
- FA: Fellowship Awardees from the agencies such as CSIR, UGC, etc. or the JRF/SRF project staff working in a Sponsored Research Project under a faculty of IIT Indore being PI of the project. The Scholarship will as per the rules/guidelines of the concerned Funding Agency.
TA: Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines.
SW: Sponsored from a reputed Industrial or Research organization WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
Minimum Qualification for Application:
- Minimum first class* Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing / Aerospace OR.
- Minimum first class* bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing / Aerospace Engineering with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF or equivalent fellowship OR.
- B. Tech. degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0 OR Minimum first class* master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, System Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Biophysics with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship.
- Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant.
- After Submitting the application online, the same is to be downloaded and the signed hard-copy along with Demand Draft, recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates (for SW candidates - NOC, experience certificate, last 3 months salary slips and Employer's PAN card) must be sent to the concerned DPGC Convener at the below-mentioned address of correspondence.
- The candidate MUST write his/her name, name of the discipline and the Application Number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft. ?
- The envelope of the application must CLEARLY mention "APPLICATION for ADMISSION in PhD Program in Discipline of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering for Autumn Semester of AY 2016-17 " .
- In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate application must be filled for each discipline.
100/- Indian Rupees to be paid through State Bank Collect. Click on this link https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm for Payment or Rs. 100/- to be paid through a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of "Registrar, IIT Indore" and payable at Indore.
Impotant dates :
- Last date of Online Application through this link http://academic.iiti.ac - June 30th ,2016.
- Last date of receiving the hardcopy of online as well as offline application along with the required documents - July 10th ,2016.
- Tentative dates of PhD interview (might be changed if required - July 20th-23th,2016
For any queries please contact:
Ph.D. Admission Cell, IIT Indore Simrol Campus, SB 207, Khandwa Road, Pin Code 453552 Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Email: email@example.com
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by the All India Council for ...
CAT 2016 was held on 4th Dec 2016 at various cities across India for the first level of selection into IIMs and other ...