Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering at IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented students for admission in its PhD Program for the first quarter of the year 2016-2017 as per the below-mentioned categories.
Categories of Admission:
Admission to Full-Time PhD program is offered under the following categories
- FA: Fellowship Awardees from the agencies such as CSIR, UGC, etc. or the JRF/SRF project staff working in a Sponsored Research Project under a faculty of IIT Indore being PI of the project. The Scholarship will as per the rules/guidelines of the concerned Funding Agency.
TA: Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines.
SW: Sponsored from a reputed Industrial or Research organization WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
Minimum Qualification for Application:
- Minimum first class* Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing / Aerospace OR.
- Minimum first class* bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Biomedical / Chemical / Biotechnology / Signal Processing / Aerospace Engineering with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF or equivalent fellowship OR.
- B. Tech. degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0 OR Minimum first class* master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, System Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Biophysics with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship.
- Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp). This will generate a unique application number for each applicant.
- After Submitting the application online, the same is to be downloaded and the signed hard-copy along with Demand Draft, recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates (for SW candidates - NOC, experience certificate, last 3 months salary slips and Employer's PAN card) must be sent to the concerned DPGC Convener at the below-mentioned address of correspondence.
- The candidate MUST write his/her name, name of the discipline and the Application Number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft. ?
- The envelope of the application must CLEARLY mention "APPLICATION for ADMISSION in PhD Program in Discipline of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering for Autumn Semester of AY 2016-17 " .
- In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate application must be filled for each discipline.
100/- Indian Rupees to be paid through State Bank Collect. Click on this link https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm for Payment or Rs. 100/- to be paid through a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of "Registrar, IIT Indore" and payable at Indore.
Impotant dates :
- Last date of Online Application through this link http://academic.iiti.ac - June 30th ,2016.
- Last date of receiving the hardcopy of online as well as offline application along with the required documents - July 10th ,2016.
- Tentative dates of PhD interview (might be changed if required - July 20th-23th,2016
For any queries please contact:
Ph.D. Admission Cell, IIT Indore Simrol Campus, SB 207, Khandwa Road, Pin Code 453552 Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Email: email@example.com