- News byStream
Admission Notice- IIM Shillong Announces Admissions for FPM Programme 2016
Indian Institute of Management, Shillong has opened its gates for students interested for admission to its 2 years of Fellow Programme in Management for the academic session 2016.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Economics and Public Policy
- Marketing Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Systems
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organisational Behaviour, Human Resource and Communication
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics
- Masters Degree in any discipline, with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD), with a Bachelors degree/ equivalent qualification with at-least least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) after a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Five year/four year Integrated Master's Degree programme in any discipline, with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 55 percent marks.
- A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor's degree with at least 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent grade point average.
The candidate must hold a Bachelors/Masters degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE. Those in their final year of Masters or Bachelors degree (B.E / B. Tech) in any discipline can also apply. Such candidates have to complete the requirements for the course before 30 June 2016 and produce the original certificates/mark sheets by 31 December 2016.
- The application form is available on the official website of the University.
- Application fee of Rs.1000/- can be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of RGIIM Shillong payable in Shillong or alternatively transfer the application fees online to the SBI Account No.31136230995, IFSC CODE: SBIN0002081, Laitumkhrah, Shillong. (application fee for SC/ST/PWD is not applicable)
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria stated above and who cleared the Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs in either 2014 or 2015.
- Alternatively, those who have valid GATE, GRE, GMAT and JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations till 05th March 2016 can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
- Candidates who have already obtained a two-year PGDM from any of the IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent are exempted from this requirement, and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form. Such applicants are also eligible to get a waiver of the first year course work and can directly join the second year of the programme.
- Short-listed candidates on the basis of their academic record and performance in the qualifying examinations mentioned above will be called to Shillong for a personal interview for final selection in April 2016 and the successful candidates will receive offers by June 2016.
- Admission to the programme is open to overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals. Their admission will be based on GMAT/GRE scores which are valid till 19th March 2016.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
Maximum 28 years as on 01/07/2016 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently Abled and Female Applicants)
- Starting date for downloading of FPM Application Form from IIMS Website is 27th January 2016.
- 19th March, 2016 is the Last Date for receiving filled-in FPM applications forms.
Accounting for a proud moment, five students from Lucknow University have cleared the Interview of Bihar Public Service ...
Dominating the results yet again, 20 engineering students score 100 percentile in CAT 2016. Top MBA colleges such as ...