- News byStream
Check out the Top Global Universities Tata Group Entities have Tied Up with!
In an attempt to fund development, Tata group entities including TCS, Tata Sons and JLR have tied up with some of the most prestigious educational institutions of the world.
Harvard University is also one of the institutions that Tata Group has tied up with. Nominated fellows from Tata Groups will get the opportunity to take up the Executive Education course at the Harvard Business School and will participate in the funded research projects as well.
Alan M Garber, Harvard Provost, said that the collaboration will help in integrating the level and pace of research programs that will enhance the productiveness and will help develop products and services that will assist in solving real-world problems.
A statement issued by Tata Sons read, “The financial support, exceeding $25 million, will be spread over time in line with the tenure of individual alliances with the institutions.”
Check out the tie-up done by Tata Group:
- A six-year research collaboration has been developed by Tata Communications, Tata Sons, Tata Steel and JLR with Harvard University on sensor technologies, soft robotics and advanced materials.
- Tata Communications, Tata Chemicals and Tata Steel have formed alliances with Royal Society (UK), Yale University and Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Tata Steel has also signed up with IIT-M to work on advanced materials.
- TCS, Tata Sons and JLR have also tied up with the Royal Society, UK, for a fellowship funding.
According to a press release the first Royal Society Tata University Research Fellows will be appointed in October 2016. With these collaborations Tata Group aims to achieve strategic outreach with the proficient institutions across the globe.
The collaborations will help in supporting faculty and students with funded fellowships, research programs, and engagements under the guidance of these premier universities and come up with productive research outputs that solve market needs.
Gopichand Katragadda, Chief Technology Officer, Tata Sons Group said that the objective of the organization is to have an impact on the lives of 25% of the world’s population. To achieve this goal they have teamed up with the best research institutions across the globe to ensure sustainable market development.
Another collaboration has been made with the Yale University for a term of five-year by TCS, Tata Sons, and Tata Chemicals. This collaboration will aim to work in the field of consumer behavior, network sciences and various other research prospects.
Here are some details regarding Tata Group's partnership with Yale University:
- The collaboration will focus on research related to data science, network science, healthcare and microbiome research.
- Every year, the university will be welcome visiting Tata scholars that will be participating in the research projects.
- Nicholas Christakis, Co-Director, Yale Institute for Network Science (YINS) will be leading the alliance.
- Assistance will be provided for the key initiatives and proposals will be invited from faculty across the university, providing research funds for investigations. A committee co-chaired by Katragadda and five members will look after this task.
Close to 10.20 lakh students in the country are waiting for the announcement of JEE Mains 2017 result that will most ...
B.Tech CSE/ IT and BCA are probably the two most popular courses amongst IT aspirants. Information Technology being one ...