Students of DU colleges bagged attractive salary packages in the placements for the year 2016-17. Reputed colleges of Delhi University like St. Stephens College, Lady Shri Ram College and Shri Ram College of Commerce performed well this year.
Highlights of DU Placements 2016-17: -
- This year, one of the students from St. Stephens College bagged the highest package of Rs. 40 lakh per annum. Last year, the highest package offered was Rs. 29 lakh per annum.
- Lady Shri Ram College or LSR also made a remarkable achievement during placements this year. A reputed company offered the highest package of Rs. 34 lakh per annum. Last year, it was Rs. 29 lakh per annum.
- Thirdly, Shri Ram College of Commerce or SRCC performed well in placements for the year 2016-17. The highest package offered was Rs. 29 lakh by ‘Parthenon-EY’.
- On the other hand, Faculty of Management Studies or FMS performed better in the placements. The highest international offer was Rs. 1 crore per annum.
- Miranda House also placed the maximum number of students during the placements.
- The placement cells of all these colleges are very active and are trying their best to place a maximum number of students as well as invite more companies.
Also read: - LNMIT Placements Report 2017
Some of the experts were of the opinion that the placement cells of DU colleges have been thriving hard to assure maximum placements with attractive packages. However, Delhi University’s Central Placement Cell or CPC has been lagging behind in placing more students.
Also read: - XLRI Placements Report 2017
According to sources, the CPC of Delhi University (DU) has been successful in placing only 5,808 students out of 43,237 students in the last five years.
The above statistics reveal that CPC of DU has been successful in placing only 13.43 percent of students in the last five years.