Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 is scheduled to be conducted on December 4, 2016. MBA aspirants from all over the country are looking forward to apply for CAT 2016 as it is one of the most popular and widely accepted entrance examination in the management domain.
CAT 2016 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. (IIM-B). Also, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will continue to be the test-taking agency for the Common Admission Test 2016.
Registration & Application Process:
Candidates can apply for CAT 2016 by logging onto the official website of the exam that is, www.iimcat.ac.in. The application form of CAT 2016 is available now at the official website of CAT. The application window will remain open till September 22, 2016.
- Before filling up the application form, it is mandatory for every candidate to register online
- For registering online, you will be required to provide details such as Name, Date of Birth (DOB), Email Address, Country and Mobile Number
- Ensure that you have a valid email id and mobile number as all important communication from IIMs is done electronically
- Once registered successfully, the candidate will receive a unique username and password via SMS and email that will be further used as login credentials
The application form of CAT 2016 has a total of five categories:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
Each candidate must provide correct and updated information while filling in the application form for CAT 2016. Also, you will be required to upload a recent passport size photograph and signature in a .jpg or .jpeg format with the following dimensions:
35mm x 45mm (for photograph)
80mm x 35mm (for signature)
The size of the signature and photograph should not exceed 80 KB.
- For candidates applying under reserved categories such as NC-OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD-DA, they will be additionally required to upload all related documents with proper attestation.
- While filling up the application, the candidate will have to select the IIMs and programmes they wish to apply for along with preferences of cities for the interview round.
- For choosing a test city/centre, the candidate will have to select any four options according to their convenience.
Note: Candidates will not need to apply separately for admission to the flagship programmes offered by the IIMs. For other B-Schools (other than IIMs) accepting CAT scores, candidates will have to fill in a separate application form for each.
- General and NC-OBC Candidates - Rs. 1,700 (One Thousand Seven Hundred only)
- SC/ST/PWD/DA Candidates - Rs. 850 (Eight hundred and Fifty only)
A candidate must be:
- A graduate in any discipline from a recognised institute or university with at least 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates belonging to the reserved categories)
- Final year graduation students or those awaiting results are also eligible to apply for CAT 2016. However, it is compulsory that they complete the degree and obtain the cutoff percentage within the stipulated time frame
- There is no minimum age or work experience requirement that must be fulfilled in order to apply for the Common Admission Test 2016
According to the requirements of the Government of India, following percentage of seats are reserved:
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5%
- Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC): 27%
Important Dates for CAT 2016:
|Release of CAT 2016 Notification||31st July 2016|
|Application Window for Online Registrations for CAT 2016||8th August 2016 - 22nd September 2016|
|Admit Card Download Window||18th October 2016 - 4th December 2016|
|CAT 2016 Test Date||4th December 2016|
|Declaration of CAT 2016 Results||Second week of January|