IIM Bangalore and IIT Madras have joined hands to offer a combined certificate programme in the field of technology and management. The duration of the programme will be 10 months and candidates with over three years of work experience can apply. However, students of IIT Madras and IIM Bangalore can also apply for the programme.
The certificate programme will also take inputs from industry experts and research. It has already attracted a lot of attention from enthusiasts in India as well as in countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Burma, Singapore and Malaysia.
IIM-B & IIT-M Combined Programme Features:
- Sessions to impart cross-functional technical and business skills
- Several online business and technical courses
- There will be a total of 10 courses from management and engineering backgrounds
- Candidates will have to choose one of the two technology streams i.e. data science and computer science for specialisation
- 12 campus-connect sessions in three modules at IIM Bangalore as well as IIT Madras taken by the faculties of both the institutes
- Case studies, online discussion forums, webinars, and interview sessions with industry experts
- 15 skilled faculty members from IIT Madras and IIM Bangalore will mentor the candidates who will enroll for the programme
- Candidates will be encouraged to acquire and implement application-oriented perspectives
Also Read: IITs and IISc Get New Research Parks
The management modules of the certificate programme will help the candidates adopt a 360-degree approach in all managerial aspects. Whereas, the technical modules of the course will help them understand technical aspects of the business to become well-rounded professionals. IITs will offer learning sessions on Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Cloud Computing.
This programme will enable the candidates to get quality educational experience at IIM Bangalore and IIT Madras. The candidates will also get to learn a great deal from their interactive sessions with the faculty members of the two institutes.