Leading management institute of the country, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM-C) is all set to launch the first batch of its new Executive Programme in Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy (EPDSMMS).
The new programme has been initiated in collaboration with Training dot com - which is a multi-modal learning platform developed by NIIT. Virtual classes will be held by IIMC faculty members and will be made available on the learning platform.
Objectives of the Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy Programme of IIM Calcutta:
- Candidates will be able to gain in-depth knowledge of social and digital media marketing plus analytics which will further help them to plan, implement and measure the social media strategy and drive sales accordingly.
- The programme will meet the changing requirements of the social media industry and growing interest of one and all in the digital world and will create a pool of competent professionals.
- Candidates with a background and work experience in the field of marketing, brand, advertising, product, sales etc. Moreover, e-commerce executives and entrepreneurs or any professional who plans to implement and carry out campaigns on social and digital media to create brand awareness, enhance the brand or generate leads can also apply for the programme.
- A candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised institute or university.
- A minimum of two years or more of work experience (full-time) is mandatory. Candidates with previous profiles in media, start-ups, social/digital media, advertising, e-commerce etc. will be preferred.
Features of the programme:
- The duration of the programme will be of six months with classes being conducted thrice in a week.
- There are three modules in the entire course structure. In the first module of 10 weeks, candidates are given training online through the learning platform while the other two modules are completed through F2F (face-to-face) classes at the IIM Calcutta campus. The visits to the campus of one week duration each.
- The course structure incorporates an introductory module on Marketing Management apart from Digital Commerce, Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies etc.
- Once the candidate completes the course successfully, he or she will be awarded a certificate from IIM Calcutta and will also be given the IIM Calcutta Alumni status.
- Experts from the industry will be delivering presentations and case studies during the course of the programme, They will also focus on developing a synergy between in-class learning and in-field practice during the sessions at the campus.
- Candidates who take up the course will be trained in aspects such as marketing environment, direct marketing, brand and product management, social media analytics, digital marketing with the help of big data analytics, content creation for social media marketing, cross-media digital marketing, customer value, customer relationship and customer satisfaction.
So, if you aspire to take up a career in the digital marketing field, this is a good option!
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates!