- News byStream
IIT-B Awards 2,500 Degrees at 54th Convocation Ceremony
On 13th August’ 16, Indian Institute of Technology of Mumbai also known as IIT-B hosted it’s 54th convocation ceremony. The chief guest of the occasion was Rajendra Singh. He is the Chairman of Tarun Bharat Sangh and winner of the Stockholm Water Prize 2015. Following people also attended the convocation.
- Christine Nixon, Deputy Chancellor of Monash University, Australia
- Members of the board of governors
The technology institute’s director, Devang Khakhar greeted everyone who was present at the convocation ceremony and presented the report of the academic year 2015. In the report, he mentioned that most JEE rank holders prefer IIT-B over other institutes and the top 10 rank holders of JEE chose IIT-B this year.
After his speech, degrees and awards were handed out. In the history of IIT, Mumbai this year maximum number of degrees were awarded. Following are the details:
- Total number of students awarded degrees- 2,500
- Number of students awarded PhDs- 325
- Number of students awarded dual degrees (MTech and PhD)- 9
- Number of students awarded dual degrees (MSc and PhD)- 7
- Number of students awarded BTech degrees- 586
- Number of students awarded MTech degrees- 626
- Number of students awarded MMgt degrees- 115
- Number of students awarded MSc degrees- 201
- Number of students awarded five-year integrated MSc degrees- 22
Also Read: Admission Notice-Jamia Open for PhD' 16
Following students were awarded the President of India Gold Medal, Institute Gold Medal and Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma respectively:
- Vikranth Dwaracherla Reddy, Student of Electrical Engineering
- Sukanya Patil Vijaysing, Student of Electrical Engineering
- Karan Gupta, Student of Civil Engineering
The Lifetime Achievement Award 2015-2016 was awarded to Professor RK Malik, he is from the Department of Chemical Engineering.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...