Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, and Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata has commenced the admission process for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) for the academic session 2017-19. It is a full-time diploma course, and the objective of the course is to bridge the gap between reputed companies and multinational corporations.
The course was launched in the year 2015, and the first batch of PGDBA course will conclude in the year 2017. The programme is offered at IIT-Kgp, IIM-Calcutta, ISI, Kolkata. The students will have a choice to pursue three different semesters in three institutes. The students have to pursue the first semester in ISI Kolkata followed by IIT-Kgp and IIM-Calcutta.
In the last semester, i.e., fourth semester the students have to pursue a six-month internship with a business organisation. The programme is residential based, and the students will study various subjects like statistics, computing and management in the first three semesters.
- The candidates who are interested in applying for PGD in Business Analytics must have a graduate or a postgraduate degree with at least 60% of marks.
10+2+4 pattern: Minimum 60% marks in the BS/BTech/BE or equivalent
10+2+5 pattern: Minimum 60% marks in the Integrated Masters or equivalent
10+2+3+2 pattern: Minimum 60% marks in the masters
- However, the minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST is 55 percent.
Application Procedure: -
- Interested and eligible candidates must submit online applications through the official website of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- The candidates shall note that all the required documents must be uploaded along with self-attestation.
- The application fee for General category is Rs.2,000 and Rs.1,000 for SC/ST/DA
- The application fee can be paid online.
Important Dates: -
|Last date for submitting online applications||January 10, 2017|
|Last date for the payment of application fee||January 17, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Cards||January 24, 2017|
|Written Test||February 19, 2017|
|Announcement of names of shortlisted candidates||Last week of March 2017|
|Interview||Last week of March 2017|
|Announcement of selected candidates||On or before April 14, 2017|
|Admission process closes on||June 14, 2017|
|Programme starts from||June 19, 2017|