Get CollegeDekho
Mobile App
 Live Help
 0141-3990699
Login
Signup
Institutes
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Before     On or after

IIT Kharagpur and Ministry of Heavy Industries Join Hands to Boost 'Make in India' Campaign

November 07, 2016 07:49 AM 2 minute read , Engineering , Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur)

IIT Kharagpur and Ministry of Heavy Industries Join Hands to Boost 'Make in India' Campaign

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has partnered with the Department of Heavy Industries to set up a proposed Centre of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing. The primary objective of the partnership is to boost ‘Make in India’ initiative.

Under this partnership, the Centre for Excellence would take up extensive research in the area of advanced manufacturing. The research will enable healthy, modern and robust auto, heavy electrical, heavy engineering and capital goods sectors to become self-reliant and growth oriented public sector undertakings.

Also read: - Nalanda Varsity Signs MoU with Deakin University

Babul Supriyo, Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises explained that Eastern India has a dearth of excellence centres compared to Western and Southern India. The Central government has various schemes where such centres for excellence will receive 80% funding from the government, and stakeholders will raise the other 20%. All stakeholders could use the facility which is built, therefore.

Vishvajit Sahay, Joint Secretary of Department of Heavy Industries, indicated that India has set a goal to develop national goods and increase exports from 27 percent to 40 percent. Through this Centre for Excellence, local industries whether big or small, will work with IIT-Kharagpur for the requirement of heavy machinery. Various projects will be launched to boost manufacturing towards the end of 2016.

Also read: - IIT Kharagpur to Organise Spring Fest 2017 in January

The Centre will further create an ecosystem for innovations and indigenization in the manufacturing sector involving small and medium scale enterprises. It will enable international expertise through partnerships with the best in the world. The Centre for Excellence will also create benchmarks for excellence to help the ministry shape policy decisions.

Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.

IIT Kharagpur and Ministry of Heavy Industries Join Hands to Boost 'Make in India' Campaign | CollegeDekho
/news/iit-kharagpur-and-ministry-of-heavy-industries-join-hands-to-boost-make-in-india-7015/