Gujarat-based Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) has released the dates for admissions for the following courses through IRMA - 2017. The institute is currently offering the following courses-
- Two Years Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PRM)
- Three Years Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM)
Eligibility for IRMA -2017:
Eligibility for PGDRM-
The programme is recognized as equivalent to Master's Degree in Rural Management by AIU and approved by AICTE
- Graduates from any discipline (10+2+3) pattern having 50 percent. (Relaxation for the reserved category)
- Candidates who expect to fulfill the eligibility criteria before June 12, 2017, may also apply
- Institute follows the statutory reservation policy of Government of India
Eligibility for FPRM-
FPRM is approved by AICTE and it is a coursework-based doctoral level programme with a residency requirement of minimum 3 years.
- PGDRM from IRMA
- One year post diploma work experience plus PGDRDM from IRMA.
- PG degree from a recognized University or Institution with 55% marks and 50% marks at degree level
- Five-year professional degree (medicine, veterinary science, architecture etc.) with 60% marks plus one-year work experience;
- Engineering, agricultural sciences graduate of four-year duration with 60% marks plus three years' work experience;
- Candidates having a valid score of UGC JRF in management, social work, economics, sociology, commerce, and psychology.
- Relaxation as per govt policy for SC/ST/OBC/DAP*
Selection Procedure for IRMA -2017:
For admission into IRMA, XAT 2017/CAT 2016 scores will be counted
All candidates for IRMA Admissions 2017 have to additionally appear for the online admissions test on “Issues of Social Concern” on 12th February 12, 2017 (Sunday).
Students for PGDRM programme are selected on the basis of the following tests like:
- Admissions Test
- Group Activity
- Personal Interview
Students for FPRM programme students are selected on the basis of the following tests like:
- Admissions Test
- Presentation of an Essay
Those candidates with PGDRM qualification from IRMA and having a valid score of UGC JRF in management, economics, sociology, social work, psychology, commerce, etc are not required to take the admissions test. They will be directly called for the FPRM interview.
Important Dates for IRMA -2017
- The application process is supposed to begin in the month of October 2016
- 23rd December 2016, is the last date for receipt of completed applications for Indian Nationals (Hard Copy)
- 30th December 2016, is the last date for receipt of completed applications (Online)
- 31st March 2017, is the last date of receiving completed applications for Foreign Nationals.
Note :Though IRMA uses XAT and CAT and scores, XLRI and IIMs have no role either in the conduct of the programme of or in the selection process of IRMA