NEET PG 2017 examination scheduled to be held in six different centres in Chennai on Monday, 12 December 2016 has been postponed by National Board of Examination. Now the examination is being held on 13 December 2016.
NEET PG entrance exam is conducted throughout the nation for admissions to MS/MD/Post Graduate Diploma courses. Candidates taking the examination on Monday faced several difficulties reaching the venue of the tests due to incessant rain caused by Cyclone Vardha, reaching the state from the Bay of Bengal.
Also Read: NEET PG 2017 Expected Cut-Off
With great difficulties, the morning session was held but the afternoon session had to be deferred due to weather condition. Dr. Bipin Batra, Executive Director of National Board of Examination made the announcement sharing the news on Twitter. The website of NBE also published the news regarding the postponement of the examination in the official notification.
The six centres where the examination was scheduled to be held were -
- EduSurge, Alwarpet
- Dhanalakshmi Engineering College, Manimangalam Post
- Chennai Institute of Technology, Kundrathur
- Apollo Engineering College, Sriperumbudur
- Prometric Testing Private Limited, Kodambakkam
- EduSurge, Ambattur
The notification also read that the admit card issued for the exam will be valid on 13 December 2016. This is for the second consecutive time the examination had to be postponed. The exam was scheduled to be held on 6 December, but due to sudden death of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalitha and subsequent emotional breakdown in the state, the exam had to be postponed and candidates were issued fresh admit card.
Some features of the examination:
- Syllabus for the exam is as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by MCI
- Examination is based on Computer Based Platform (CBT) with multiple choice questions
- There are 300 multiple choice questions in the paper
- Medium of exam is English
- Total duration of the exam is 3 hours 30 minutes
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers