Indian Government Approves Medical Colleges in 5 Rajasthan State

Published: | November 27, 2019
Rajasthan Medical College

Rajasthan is on the journey to becoming India’s first state to have a medical college in almost all the districts. The Central Government has approved the proposals forwarded by the state government to set up medical colleges in Dausa, Hanumangarh, Jhunjhunu, Sawai Madhopur and Tonk.

In a bid to impart medical education among the youth of Rajasthan, the Government of India has approved the state’s plans for establishing the Medical Colleges in 5 different districts in the state. Official statements declare that Rajasthan is on the verge of becoming the first state in India, where medical colleges have been set up in all districts of the state.

Among the districts of Rajasthan that have been given approval for the establishment of new medical colleges in the state include, Dausa, Hanumangarh, Jhunjhunu, Sawai Madhopur and Tonk.

With the approval of setting up medical colleges in the state, 30 out of the total 33 districts in Rajasthan will either have or are waiting for the approval of setting up a medical college for its youth.

The three districts where government-run medical colleges are absent include Jalore, Pratapgarh and Rajsmand. An official statement mentioned that a privately-owned medical college has been operating in the Rajsamand district.

Dr. Raghu Sharma, Medical and Health Minister, stated that proposals to establish medical colleges in the Rajasthan districts of Pratapgarh and Rajsamand have also been forwarded to the Government. He further added that the establishment of the medical colleges will facilitate general medical services and facilities in the districts, as well as providing specialist medical services in the remote areas of Rajasthan.

Also Read: Here is What You Should Know About Rajasthan MBBS Admissions 2020

Sources state that establishing the new medical colleges is set to cost around ₹325 crores per college. To meet the expenses of the new medical colleges, the Central Government will be providing 60% of the financial support, while, the state government will pay the rest 40% of the amount, they added.

Also Read: Kashmir’s Doctor’s Association Requests Establishment of More NEET Exam Centres

Recently, the Indian Government approved the setting up of medical colleges in 10 other districts of Rajasthan. The districts include Jaisalmer, Alwar, Karauli, Bundi, Sirohi, Banswara, Nagaur, Chittorgarh and Sri Ganganagar.

Admission Updates for 2020

Get Help From Our Expert Counsellors

Admission Updates for 2020

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Admission open in ICBM - School of Business Excellence for session 2020