National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has published an official notification on the website regarding the admission to Ph.D. courses for the academic session 2017. NIFT offers Ph.D. in design, management and technology. The candidates who are aspiring for Ph.D. at NIFT need to make a note that submission of the research proposal is mandatory along with filled-in application form.
While submitting the research proposal, the candidates need to understand that it should be submitted in prescribed format. The research proposal must include the indication of approach that the candidates intend to carry out during the research. The proposed research can be from any of the previous studies or work carried out by the candidates. The candidates must also include the outcome of research in their proposal.
- The candidates must have a postgraduate degree in the relevant area of Technology/ Management/ Design.
- 55% of marks or 6.0 CGPA out of 10 in postgraduate degree is mandatory for General Category candidates.
- 50% of marks or 5.5 CGPA out of 10 in postgraduate degree is mandatory for SC/ST candidates.
Note: - The candidates who possess Master’s Diploma are not eligible to apply for the Ph.D. course.
Application Process: -
- NIFT official website facilitates online filling of application form for the Ph.D. course.
- On the home page of NIFT official website, Click on ‘Academics’.
- Select Ph.D. programmes.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’.
- The applicants have to register their details on NIFT official website to generate login credentials.
- After the successful registration, login with valid credentials.
- Fill the NIFT online application form.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 2,300 (General Category) or Rs. 1,300 (SC/ST/OBC Category).
- Take the printout of application form and send it to the prescribed address with all the attested documents.
Also read: - NIFT Invites Applications from Foreign Candidates
Selection Process: -
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of research proposal they have submitted along with the application form.
- The selected candidates have to give a presentation and appear for an interview.
- The finalisation of the candidates will be done as per candidates’ performance in the presentation round and interview round.
Important Dates: -
|NIFT Ph.D. online application submission end date||April 17, 2017|
|List of shortlisted candidates’ announcement date||April 28, 2017|
|Date for Presentation and Interview round||May 19, 2017|
|Deceleration of result||May 31, 2017|