To give a push to PM Modi’s New India initiative, the Niti Aayog has collaborated with 32 top institutions and research organisation in the country. The aim of Niti Aayog is to achieve a wide-range development by working with institutes like IITs, IIMs and the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) to make the initiative progress.
Following are some of the popular institutes that have collaborated with Niti Aayog:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Statistical Institute
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- All India Institute of Medical Science
- Institute of Economic Growth
- Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy
- BML Munjal University
The government body also said that tying up with institutes will help them move fast and achieve sustainable growth for a New India by 2022. The collaboration will facilitate knowledge sharing and information exchange among all participants and will help them in fulfilling their role in the transformation drive.
This will further help in achieving more sustainable development according to the National Development Agenda and, 15-year vision, 3-year action plan and 7-year strategy, stated the statement released by Niti Aayog.
Although the details of the New India initiative have not been provided yet, the purpose of starting this initiative is to provide inclusiveness for women and the underdeveloped communities in the country.
A meeting was also held regarding PM’s call for a New India 2022. The first gathering for the initiative was attended by National Steering Group and many other knowledge partners. Representatives from Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Rajasthan also attended the meeting.