Final placements at top B-schools have been quite successful and most of these institutes have already wrapped up their campus placement drives. Experts noted that there has been a steady rise in the placements this session.
The top B-schools have also reported a rise in the placements and salaries offered this year at summer placements as well as final placements. Following are the placement details of the top B-schools in India:
- The first cluster of placements at IIM Ahmedabad has been concluded and two more are expected to be over by Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Accenture strategy was the top recruiter at the premier institute with 17 offers, followed by BCG with 15 offers.
- Investment, finance and consulting firms hired students during the first cluster of IIM Ahmedabad.
- The institute received a total of 15 pre-placement offers i.e. 38% of the entire batch size.
- The final placements at IIM Bangalore are yet to start.
- IIM Calcutta had completed the placements for all outgoing students withing two days.
- The institute received a total of 481 job offers and 50% of these offers were from the finance and consulting sector.
- Accenture Strategy emerged top recruiter at IIM-C. Other popular recruiters included Boston Consulting Group (BCG), McKinsey & Co. Bain & Co. and A.T. Kearney.
- IIM Lucknow received a total of 454 offers with 23% jobs in consulting and finance each along with 24% jobs in sales and marketing sector.
- The institute witnessed an increase of 20% in the pre-placement offers, whereas, the rise in the number of offers was up to 30%.
- XLRI Jamshedpur wrapped up its placements within a duration of four days.
- Placement Head at XLRI, Uday Damodaran said that the year has been productive in terms of summer placements as well as final placements.
- The institute recorded an average salary of Rs. 20.1 LPA.
There are many other b-schools in India and one cannot evaluate the exact market trends from the above stats. However, experts are positive that the placements in 2018 will be better looking at this year’s charts. It is also being said that the job market is on the path of a slow and steady revival.