It is good news for the students who are yet to migrate from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh. The state government has extended the deadline for obtaining the local status in Andhra Pradesh until June 01, 2021. Whoever migrates to Andhra Pradesh from Telangana from June 02, 2014 to July 01, 2021 will come under the domicile of Andhra Pradesh. However, such candidates need to obtain the local status certificate from the MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer).
Migrating students from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh before the stipulated deadline will enjoy all the reservation policies of the AP government, be it in entrance exams, seat allotment or recruitment exams.
For example, if a student and his parents migrated from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh as per AP & Telangana Bifurcation rule before July 01, 2021 will be treated as local candidates in Andhra Pradesh. Such students can appear for entrance exams in AP such as AP EAMCET, AP ICET, AP ECET, AP EDCET, AP LAWCET, AP RCET etc. All the convenor quota seats filled as per the above entrance exams shall be applicable to all students who migrated from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh between July 02, 2014, to July 01, 2021.
How to Obtain Local Status Certificate in Andhra Pradesh?
In order to obtain the Local Status Certificate in Andhra Pradesh, follow the steps mentioned below -
- Visit the nearest Mee-Seva/ Grama Sachivalayam
- Go to the respective counter in Mee Sava/ Grama Sachivalayam
- Submit the Form 1 justifying that you have migrated from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh
- Along with Form 1, affix the documents such as Ration Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Bank Passbook
- Submit the Form 2 seeking Local Status in Andhra Pradesh
- After submitting all these documents at the respective desk, pay the requisite amount/ fee
- You will receive your Local Status Certificate within one week from the date of submission of application
- A message will be sent to your registered mobile number as and when the Local Status Certificate is generated or ready
- As soon as you receive the message, visit the Mee Seva and collect the Local Status Certificate
While participating in the counselling process of various entrance exams, it is mandatory to submit the local status certificate.
Also Read: Andhra Pradesh M.Ed Fee Structure 2019-21
Documents Required to Obtain Local Status Certificate
The following documents are required to obtain Local Status Certificate in Andhra Pradesh -
- Form 1 (can be obtained from Mee Seva/ Grama Sachivalayam/ MRO Office)
- Form 2 (can be obtained from Mee Seva/ Grama Sachivalayam/ MRO Office)
- Ration Card/ Bank Passbook/ Aadhaar Card
For the latest Andhra Pradesh news, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.