Neoleap Business Ventures which will be Eastern India’s first structured accelerator has been launched by two city-based entrepreneurs and an IIM professor.
The three masterminds behind this company are
- Raghav Kanoria: the founder of the Calcutta Angels Network which focuses on investing in East India
- Kumar Vardhan Patodia: Director of a city-based real estate company, Unimark Group and co-founder of Calcutta Angels Network.
- Prof Chandradeep Mitra: Working as a Professor of Marketing at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
Regarding Neoleap, Kanoria said that it had been established to help start-ups from the Eastern region realize their full potential by guiding and mentoring them.
Currently, the company has four startups under its umbrella.
This is the first batch of the company and the program will run from August to September i.e., for four months. Also, the company will be starting its second batch from the next year in the month of January and will be mentoring four to five such start-ups then.
Kanoria also said they felt that there was a need for structured framework to help start-ups from the East. They are looking forward to assisting start-ups to pitch their products by reaching out to angel investors, angel networks, and family offices.
The company will be guiding the startups by providing them with mentors who have expertise in the same domain as that of the startup.
Apart from mentoring, the other aspects to be addressed by the company include:
- Social Media Management
- Company Law
- Financial Modelling
- IT Architecture
The company will be organizing workshops on each of the topics mentioned above.
Also Read: 8 Indian Edtech Startups 2016
Neoleap is planning to co-create the ecosystem for the growth of start-ups from the East India by discussing its ventures with various industry associations and institutions.
Apart from the three founders, some of the prominent people on its advisory board are:
- Joydeep Bose, National Head, CISCO India
- Padmaja Ruparel, President, Indian Angel Network
- Dipankar Chatterjee, Sr. Partner, L B Jha & Co.