Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
VIT School of Law announces admissions for its five-year integrated undergraduate programme in law every year. Abbreviated as VITSOL, the VIT School of Law was established in 2014 and offers two undergraduate law courses to the students interested in pursuing law as a career. This article contains all the important information regarding VIT School of Law admission process including the eligibility criteria, selection process, important dates, etc. Candidates who are looking forward to apply for law admissions at VIT School of Law can find all the relevant details here.
VIT School of Law Courses Offered
Two undergraduate law programmes are offered at the VIT School of Law (VITSOL). Students can seek admission to the following integrated courses of law that are provided by the college at the bachelor's level.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law (BBA LLB)
VIT School of Law Important Dates 2020
It is important for all candidates who wish to secure a seat in any undergraduate law programme at VIT School of Law to be aware of the important dates for law admissions at VIT School of Law. This will help them in staying aboard the entire admission process and they will not miss out on any deadline for completing a given formality. Students can check the important dates of VIT School of Law admissions 2020 in the table given below.
Beginning of the VIT Law Application Process
|20th January 2020|
Last Day for VIT Law Application Process
|Second Week of June 2020|
Beginning of CLAT 2020 Application Process
|1st January 2020|
Last Day to Apply for CLAT 2020
|25th April 2020 (extended)|
CLAT 2020 Exam Date
|24th May 2020 (updated)|
Beginning of LSAT India 2020 Application Process
|1st January 2020|
|Last Day to Apply for LSAT India 2020|
1st May 2020
LSAT India 2020 Exam Date
|17th May 2020|
Note: Certain entrance exams for law admissions have been rescheduled due to the coronavirus pandemic. Check the list of postponed law entrance exams due to COVID-19 here.
VIT School of Law Application Process 2020
The application process of VIT School of Law has been explained below. Candidates can follow the steps to successfully complete their VIT School of Law application process 2020. The application form of the institute can be filled in the online mode. Completing the application process without any mistake is extremely important as the application forms which have any discrepancies will be cancelled right away. Here are the steps to complete the application process of VIT School of Law.
- The candidate will have to go to the official website of VIT School of Law.
- He/ she will be required to register as a new user after selecting the programme and clicking on the 'Apply Now' button.
- They will have to register themselves and for that, they will be required to enter their mobile numbers.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the mobile number entered by the candidate. He/ she will have to provide it in order to complete the registration.
- Once the registration is complete, the candidate will be permitted to fill the application form.
- The applicant has to provide his/ her personal and academic details.
- Later, he/ she will have to attach scanned copies of certain documents (age proof, class 12th mark sheet or admit card if the result is awaited, class 10th mark sheet, score card of CLAT or LSAT India, certificate of caste and nativity if applicable and if required).
- The candidate will have to submit the application form and pay the fee online through an online payment gateway.
- The application fee of VIT School of Law is Rs. 850 and students can pay this via debit card, credit card, net banking, PayTm, etc.
- Once the payment has been made, the applicant is advised to keep a print out of the application form for further use.
VIT School of Law Eligibility Criteria 2020
In order to get admission to any of the two law courses that are provided by VITSOL, candidates have to meet the VIT School of Law eligibility criteria. The institute follows the conditions of eligibility strictly and any applicant who does not meet the criteria is not considered for admission. The candidature of such a student is cancelled straight away. Students can check the VIT School of Law eligibility criteria below.
- Candidates must clear their 12th examination from any of the recognised boards in India.
- They must have at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination when taken in aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to ST/SC category, the North-Eastern Indian States and Jammu & Kashmir are required to have secured at least 50% marks in class 12th.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- All students who fill the application process must have a valid Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) or Law School Admission Test - India (LSAT India) score in order to be eligible to apply.
VIT School of Law Selection Process 2020
The selection process for law admissions at VIT School of Law is based solely on merit. It is mandatory for the applicant to have a valid CLAT or LSAT India score in order to pass the selection process. VIT School of Law considers the marks obtained by students in their higher secondary school examination for shortlisting all applicants. They are further called for the rounds of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The performance of the candidate in all these rounds is taken into consideration before giving him/ her final admission. More preference will be given to the candidates who score well in the national level law entrance examinations.
Law is an emerging field which has become quite popular among the students now. Every year, students appear for many law entrance examinations in order to secure a seat in one of the best law colleges of India. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to get more information about law admissions in India. You can reach out to us on the QnA section of CollegeDekho to get your queries answered by experts.