Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Will NEET PG 2022 be postponed? This question has been in the minds of PG medical aspirants for a while. The 2021 NEET PG AIQ counselling process concluded on May 3, and the state-level PG admissions is still underway. On the other hand, the NEET PG 2022 exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 21 which is just a few weeks after the conclusion of AIQ counselling. Many aspirants have been demanding the government defer the NEET PG 2022 exam date at least by two months so that there will be enough time gap after the conclusion of the 2021 counselling process. Now the matter is with Supreme Court which will hear the plea to postpone the exam on May 13.
Latest Updates on NEET PG 202 Postponement
- Live Updates of Supreme Court Hearing on NEET PG 2022 Postponement
- IMA to Meet Union Health Minister regarding NEET PG 2022 Postponement
- Supreme Court Hearing on NEET PG 2022 Postponement Tomorrow: Time & where to check updates
- IMA Officially Writes to Union health Ministry to Postpone NEET PG 2022
- Nation-wide protest to postpone NEET PG 2022 Today
- Supreme Court Hearing on NEET PG 2022 Postponement on May 13
- A Story on NEET PG 2022: Controversies, Protests, SC Decision
- What to Expect from Supreme Court Decision on NEET PG 2022 Postponement?
- NEET PG 2022 Postponement Live Updates
- How can we Postpone the National Level - Supreme Court on NEET PG 2022 Postponement
- SC First Hearing on NEET PG 2022 Postponement Petition Next week
- Fake Notice on NEET PG 2022 Postponement
- Top Reasons why NEET PG 2022 should be Postponed
- "We are facing mental stress" - NEET PG 2022 aspirants continue to demand postponement
- Supreme Court Decision on NEET PG 2022 Postponement: SC Likely to take up hearing Soon
- Petition filed in Supreme Court seeking Postponement of NEET PG 2022
- Postpone NEET PG 2022: MP Hibi Eden Writes to Union Health Ministry
- NSUI National Convenor Writes to Rajasthan CM to Postpone NEET PG 2022
The Medical Students' Association has written to Union Health Minister requesting to postpone NEET MDS and NEET PG 2022 at least by 8-10 weeks.
Also Read: Will NEET MDS 2022 be Postponed?
While MCC is firm on commencing the academic session for PG medical courses in August, the aspirants are seeking deferment of the NEET PG 2022 exam at least till July. NEET PG 2021 counselling schedule was changed almost 7 times causing a lot of uncertainty among students. The mop-up round counselling was cancelled as well.
As per the previous postponement notice of the exam, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare clearly indicated that there should be a minimum of 6-8 week gap between the counselling and entrance exam.
In 2021, the NEET PG exam was delayed till August as the Government of India called for young doctors to serve the nation owing to the Covid-19 pandemic. Due to this, almost 5,000 interns have become ineligible to appear for NEET PG 2022 due to the delay in the completion of internships. Therefore, these students have approached the President of India to address the issue.
Also Read:Why Should NEET PG 2022 be Postponed?
Owing to multiple issues and aspects surrounding NEET PG 2022, there are certain chances for the deferment of the NEET PG 2022 exam date. As a lot of students have been requesting the government to postpone the exam till July, it is yet to be seen what decision the government is going to take. Considering the current scenario, it is better to postpone the exam for at least by 2 months so that students will get enough gap.
MP Tejasvi Surya has also written to Health Ministry seeking NEET PG 2022 postponement for at least by two months.
For the latest Education News, keep visiting CollegeDekho!