Vimal Jyothi Engineering College - VJEC Kannur - VJEC
- Vimal Jyothi Engineering College (VJEC) is an educational project of the Archdiocese of Thallassery established in the year 2002 and is managed by Meshar Diocesan Educational Trust.
- The college is approved by AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University ( KTU).
- VJEC is a self-financing catholic minority institution aiming at generating a fervor for Engineering and Technology in students.
- Here we inspire, nurture and foster them to realize their career potential in the field of Engineering and Technology.
- With profound insight into the resource requirements of the higher education system, VJEC has proudly set up world-class infrastructure complemented with intellectual capital in the form of competent faculty.
- Many of the facilities are way beyond the regulatory requirements aiming for learning beyond the syllabus to address the requirements of the industry.
- These material facilities along with value addition programs and student support systems are the integral facets of empowerment at VJEC.
- Digital library, industry supported project labs, language lab, and student chapters of professional bodies such as IEEE, ISOI, IETE, SAE, CSI offer an extensive range of resources, opportunities and services to the outcome based teaching learning process.
- Effective implementation of quality control processes ensure Engineering graduates with the expected level of knowledge, skill and attitude.
The Placement Cell of Vimal Jyothi Engineering College (VJEC) started functioning in the academic year 2002-03. Our students achieved placement in various reputed companies through Campus Recruitment. Many IT and non-IT companies visit our college to select candidates. Vimal Jyothi also act as placement hub for entire Malabar region. Companies conduct pool campus recruitments by using excellent infrastructural facilities of VJEC. Representatives from the Head Quarters of Indian Army and Navy also visit our college to examine and select the brilliant and energetic candidates to meet their requirements. Placement Cell can also support the passing out students of every year to get direct placements in core companies in pan India even after their studies.
The placement activities are organized by the Placement Officer, under the guidance of the Principal. College has a well active Training and Placement Cell headed by the Placement Officer Mr. Justine M Augustine, having MBA from SCMS, Cochin assisted by representatives from various departments and by a team of student representatives from each final and pre-final year classes. Most of our alumni got placement in topmost companies like TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, CTS, Wipro, U.S Technology, Sobha Developers LML etc.
Training & Placement Cell conduct various placement trainings for students by using in house trainers and external trainers from companies like Insight Job Guru, Konfidence, FACE, SMART, Career Launcher etc..They handle sessions like group discussion, mock HR/Technical tests & interviews, General & Technical aptitude tests etc. Orientation programmes for CAT/MAT/GATE examinations also were conducted for the final year students. Several other training programs by professionals are being conducted to improve the communication skills and personality development of students.
VJEC is having a strategic tie-up with Employability Bridge and ICT Academy to provide placement assistance to all eligible students.