- News byStream
IITs Create a New Record in Pre-Placement Offers
Indian Institutes of Technology are creating a new wave in Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs) amidst economic slowdown. This year, some of the IITs witnessed a bumper recruitment season increased by one-third as compared to last year. Most of the employers are hiring the candidates through the tried and tested internship route. These companies are offering PPOs to the deserving candidates so that they do not miss out on talent during final placements.
Highlights of IIT Pre-Placement Offers:-
- This year, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras has registered more than 32 percent increase in the number of PPOs, tolling up to 94. Last year, it was only 71.
- Similarly, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee has seen a 27 percent increase in PPOs. A total number of 108 PPOs have been offered so far. Last year, it was only 85.
- On the other hand, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has recorded a total number of 170 PPOs by 38 companies. Last year, 175 PPOs were offered by 59 companies.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has already received 63 PPOs.
- Similarly, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati has received more than 70 PPOs.
- IIT Delhi & IIT Mumbai also received the maximum number of PPOs compared to last year. These institutes recorded the highest number of offers ever in 2017.
The following are some of the reputed companies that offered PPOs for the first time:-
- Wipro Consumer Care
The highest number of PPOs (as compared to last year) were offered by the following companies:-
- Capital One Financial Services
- Accenture Services
- American Express India
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
Arth Patel, an Indian-American student, has won a scholarship worth 5,000 USD for his essay on contribution of dental ...
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...