Jamia Millia Islamia, also known as JMI is inviting applications for B.Tech and B.Arch courses for the academic session 2019-20 until April 29, 2019. The detailed JMI B.Tech & B.Arch admission notification 2019 is elaborated below.
JMI Engineering and Architecture Courses 2019
JMI offers the following engineering and architecture courses -
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
JMI Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Courses 2019
- Class 12 with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics as the major subjects is mandatory to be eligible for the admission.
- 55 per cent of marks in the above-mentioned subjects is mandatory to seek admission.
- Candidates with Diploma in Engineering with 55% of marks can also register for B.Tech course offered by JMI.
- JEE Main 2019 (Paper I) score is mandatory to be eligible for admission.
Also Read: - B.Tech vs BCA, Explore Here
JMI Eligibility Norms for B.Arch Course 2019
- Class 12 with English, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics as the major subjects is mandatory to be eligible for the admission to B.Arch course.
- 50% of marks in the above-mentioned subjects is mandatory to seek admission.
- Candidates a with three-year Diploma with 50% of qualifying marks can also register for B.Arch course offered by JMI.
- JEE Main 2018 (Paper II) score mandatory to be eligible for admission.
JMI Application Process for B.Tech & B.Arch Courses 2019
- The online application process opened on February 25, 2019.
- Before filling online application for B.Tech and B.Arch courses offered by JMI, the candidates must complete the registration process for JEE Main 2019 examination through the official website of CBSE.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech course must register for JEE Main 2019 Paper I examination.
- Candidates applying for B.Arch course must register for JEE Main 20189 Paper II examination.
- After completing the registration process for JEE Main 2019 through the official website of CBSE, the candidates will receive an eight-digit application number.
- Now, open the official website of JMI Controller of Examinations.
- Click on the relevant link to fill the online application form.
- Once the online application form opens, the candidates need to enter the eight-digit JEE Main 2019 application number.
- Fill other details and complete the registration process.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 550.
- A Registration Slip will be issued between 15th April to 25th April 2019, having applicant details of JEE Mains and JMI application form together i.e. photograph, roll no. application no, preference etc.
- The applicants will be informed through SMS on their registered mobile number for checking of Registration Slip.
- The applicant is required to inform for correction (if any) on the help desk email ID (given below) latest by 05th May 2019.
- No request for correction will be considered after the above dates
JMI Selection Procedure for B.Tech and B.Arch Courses 2019
The selection of the candidates for the admission to B.Tech and B.Arch courses at JMI is purely based on merit, i.e., performance, rank and score in JEE Main 2019 examination.
JMI B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- The online application form submission for JMI B.Tech/ B.Arch admissions 2019 commenced on February 25, 2019.
- April 29, 2019, is the deadline to submit the online application forms for B.Tech and B.Arch courses offered by JMI.
- Candidates can make corrections (if any) in the application form from until April 30, 2019.
There are various other programmes offered by the university such as M.Phil, Ph.D, PG diploma, advanced diploma, and other certificate courses. To keep the track of PhD scholars thesis and progress in the university Vice-Chancellor Talat Ahmad has launched an online Ph.D portal. The main aim of the PhD portal is to increase the transparency and efficiency and will also save the scholar’s time which will help them to concentrate better on their thesis