- News byStream
JEE (Advanced) 2017: Eligibility Criteria and Examination Schedule
The examination schedule and eligibility criteria for JEE (Advanced) 2017 have been officially released. JEE (Advanced) 2017 exam will be conducted by seven zonal IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The test is scheduled to take place on May 21, 2017. This year, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has been given responsibility to hold JEE examination. The candidates who qualify JEE (Advanced) 2017 examination can seek admission to Bachelor’s, integrated Masters and dual degree programmes in IITs and IISERs.
- The candidates should score positive marks in JEE (Main) 2017 examination and should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories)
The required percentage for various categories is given below:-
- ST – 7.5 percent
- SC - 15 percent
- OBC-NCL – 27 percent
- 50.5 percent is open for all
How many times can a candidate attempt for JEE (Advanced)?
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years
- The candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1992
- However, five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
Schedule of Examination:-
|Paper - I||May 21, 2017||9.00 AM to 12.00 PM|
|Paper - II||May 21, 2017||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM|
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - the conducting body of Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 has released ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...