- News byStream
Placement Season 2016: IITs give Prime Slots to PSUs
From banning several startups to setting new pre-placement records, IITs have clearly changed the Placement Trends. Another trend changing decision has been taken by the premier Indian institutes by giving prime slots to Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) at this season’s campus placement. The prime slots were earlier given to companies that offered best salary packages. Due to this PSUs were pushed back and started hiring at the end of the season.
Packages offered by PSUs vary from Rs.9 lakh to Rs.15 lakh per year. The packages are much less than what the multinationals and new-age companies offer but students have shown keenness to work at such organizations. Therefore the IITs have decided to give prime slots to PSUs and help them hire the most talented youth of the nation at IIT placement drives.
What’s new at IIT Placement Season 2016:
- PSUs will be participating in placements at IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Varanasi.
- PSUs have been given the prime slots in placements that start in December. These organizations will be visiting in the first two weeks of December. Earlier they use to visit the campus around January and February.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONCG) will visit IIT Roorkee on the Day 1 slot.
- In 2016, a larger number of PSUs will participate in the campus placements at IITs. 7 PSUs will be visiting IIT Bombay this year including Bharat Petroleum, Bharat Electronics, ONGC and Coal India. In 2015 only 2 PSUs visited the campus.
- After a gap of few years, Coal India, NBCC, Indian Oil and Bharat Electronics will be visiting IIT Guwahati. The institute expects PSUs to make close to 100 offers while last year the offers were only 40.
- Other PSUs that are participating this year are HPCL and BPCL.
Anil Kumar Agarwal, Placement Coordinator, IIT-BHU, said that all the IITs decided that they will give prime slots to PSUs as they should get opportunities to hire the best engineering talent. He also informed that PSUs are popular choices among students as most of them look forward to work with core organizations.
PSUs will be visiting various IIT campuses this placement season. IITs have reached out to directors and faculty members at these organizations to make sure that they participate. This will not only be beneficial for the organizations but will also provide good opportunities to students and will fill the void that has been created by the barring startups and e-commerce companies from the campus placements.
The notice that was issued by Medical Council of India to various medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to ...
B.Tech CSE/ IT and BCA are probably the two most popular courses amongst IT aspirants. Information Technology being one ...