The online registration process for PMRF (Prime Minister’s Research Fellow) scheme has commenced. In 2017, the Union Cabinet gave the nod/ approval for PMRF scheme under which a total of 1,000 best students will be offered direct admission to Ph.D. course along with a monthly stipend of Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 80,000. October 15, 2019, is the last date to apply for PMRF Scheme. All the details about the PMRF scheme can be checked below.
PMRF Eligibility Criteria
- B.Tech/ Integrated M.Tech/ Integrated M.Sc graduates and students pursuing final-year B.Tech/ Integrated M.Tech/ Integrated M.Sc are eligible to apply for PMRF scheme.
- The applicants must have at least 8 CGPA to be eligible for the fellowship scheme.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Design (B.Des) admitted through UCEED/ JEE are also eligible for PMRF scheme.
- Similarly, B.Sc students of IISERs, IITs and IISc admitted through SCB, KVPY and JEE are eligible for the PMRF scheme.
PMRF Application Process
- The online applications can be submitted through the official website of PMRF
- Before filling the PMRF application form, the candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1,500 first
- The application fee can be paid in online mode, i.e., through SBI Collect
- Pay the application fee and download the fee receipt
- Proceed with online PMRF application form now
- Firstly, enter the e-mail ID and confirm it
- Secondly, enter all the personal details in the application form
- Aadhar number is mandatory to register for PMRF scheme (Assam, J&K and Meghalaya students are exempted).
- Upload your photograph
- Fill the details related to educational qualification and CGPA
- Upload an abstract on topics related to Science and Technology with a major focus on national priorities
- The word limit of abstract should be less than 1,000 words
- The abstract must be uploaded in PDF format
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submit the application form
Also Read: Apply to IIT Madras Summer Fellowship
PMRF Selection Process: -
- A written test will be conducted for all the applicants
- Shortlisted candidates will have to undergo Personal Interview
- The interviews are expected to take place in mid-May.
- Final selection will be based on performance in written test, personal interview, academic background and abstract submitted by the applicants.
Also Read: CSIR/ CBSE NET Mandatory for MANF Scheme