- News byStream
Young IITs Shine at Placement Season 2016, International Offers Increased
Though old IITs saw a bit of a slump in 2016 placements, young IITs have outperformed themselves and have set new placement records. IITs less than a decade old have seen a huge improvement in the packages offered and got some decent international packages as well.
Both average salaries and number of international offers have increased at the new IITs. IIT Ropar, IIT Indore and IIT Mandi got their first international packages this season. IIT Patna and IIT Hyderabad also performed exceedingly well in the campus placements. Amazon was one of the most prominent recruiters this placement season and visited 17 IITs including young colleges like IIT Indore, IIT Bhubaneswar and IIT Jodhpur.
Check out the performance of some of the new IITs:
- The number of companies visiting the institute as well as offers made have increased considerably.
- The highest package touched Rs.40 lakh per annum.
- The average salary rose to Rs13.5 lakh Per year, which was Rs.12 lakh last year.
- 4 international offers were rolled out on the campus from Japanese firms.
- The institute got 16 international offers this season whereas the number of international offers made for the previous batch were 6.
- Highest international package at IIT Hyderabad rose to Rs.38 lakh per annum.
- Pre-placement offers have also increased. More than 25 pre-placement offers were made at the institute whereas the number was only 15 last year.
- An international offer worth 6 million Japanese yen i.e. close to Rs.35 lakh was offered by Works Applications at IIT Patna.
- 106 offers have been made in the first phase of placement. Last year, the total number of offers made in both phase 1 and phase 2 were 118.
- The institute has seen an impressive hike in the average salary package. The average salary has gone up by 30%.
- The highest package at IIT Indore increased to Rs.30 lakh per annum. Four students were offered this package by DE-Shaw and Arcesium.
The first phase of placement has ended and the second phase will begin soon at the prestigious institutes. Students and teachers are eager to invite top organizations to the campus for the placement drives.
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...