Admission Open for MBA College 2019

CAT 2016: IIMs Begin Process of Shortlisting Candidates for Personal Interview (PI)

Published: | January 12, 2017
CAT 2016: IIMs Begin Process of Shortlisting Candidates for Personal Interview (PI)
High scoring candidates of CAT 2016 will receive call letters for the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds of IIM admissions.

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore & Kozhikode have released the list of shortlisted candidates who have qualified CAT 2016 exam. These candidates will have a chance to seek admission to management courses at the premier instiutes of the country. However, these institutes have different criterion for selecting the candidates. Candidates who have been shortlisted will receive call letters for the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). Here are the details about the selection criterion for IIM-A, IIM-C, IIM-K & IIM-B.

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad: -

Shortlisted candidates need to appear for the next round of IIM-A selection process, i.e., WAT & PI. These candidates will be informed via post latest by the second week of January 2017. The candidates can also visit the official site of IIM-A for other details. WAT & PI will be conducted in the following cities: -

  • New Delhi
  • Mumbai
  • Kolkata
  • Hyderabad
  • Chennai
  • Chandigarh
  • Bangalore
  • Ahmedabad

For complete selection criteria, click on the link below:

Aiming for IIM Ahmedabad? Find out its Selection Criteria after CAT!

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore: -

The CAT 2016 weightage that has been fixed by IIM-B is 40%, and the rest of the parameters considered sum up to 60 percent. 50% of total weightage has been allocated to previous academic record. These parameters are set only for the initial screening of the candidates. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to appear for WAT & PI. The list of shortlisted candidates is available on the official site of IIM-B.

For details, click on the link below:

Guide to Selection Process at IIM Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta: -

IIM-C fixed CAT 2016 weightage as 15 out of 50. The maximum weightage is given to Personal Interview, i.e., 24 out of 50. However, the candidates need to get through WAT & PI to secure admission. The list of candidates whose names have been shortlisted is available on the official site.

Complete details are in the link below:

IIM Calcutta: All you need to know about the Selection Process

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode: -

IIM-K has allocated 45% weightage to Personal Interview (PI) as well as 15% to WAT. Therefore, the candidates need to perform well in PI as it has the maximum weightage. The candidates can download the interview call letters from the official site of IIM-K. These candidates need to fill the personal profile on the official site for attending WAT & PI.

For details, click on the link below:

Find out all about the Selection Procedure of IIM Kozhikode after CAT wishes you all the very best to the eligible candidates!

Admission Open for 2019

Get Help From Our Expert Counsellors

Admission Open for 2019

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now
Experts image

Want to learn more about college options and to secure an admission now!

CollegeDekho's expert counsellors can help you with all your doubts